raw water hose from outdrive to motor

johnnya1966

Cadet
I'm having a heck of a time getting the water pick up hose to stay on outdrive. I had it on but it seemed to be leaking. Ran fine in the driveway on muffs, but as soon a good load was on it in the water...POP! Off came the hose again followed by overheating. Limped back to dock and the boating was over for the day.

Has anyone had experience getting these hoses back on again? It is in such a bad spot on the outdrive seeing it is hard enough let alone getting the clamp on it and tightening it down.

HELP!

Bondo

Staff member
Re: raw water hose from outdrive to motor

I'm having a heck of a time getting the water pick up hose to stay on outdrive. I had it on but it seemed to be leaking. Ran fine in the driveway on muffs, but as soon a good load was on it in the water...POP! Off came the hose again followed by overheating. Limped back to dock and the boating was over for the day.

Has anyone had experience getting these hoses back on again? It is in such a bad spot on the outdrive seeing it is hard enough let alone getting the clamp on it and tightening it down.

HELP!

Ayuh,... Welcome Aboard,... Whatcha workin' on,..??

sea wolf

Lieutenant Junior Grade
Re: raw water hose from outdrive to motor

HELP!
Are you referring to the hose that runs from the transom to the t-stat housing? If you are then I've had that happen to me so I double clamped it. By the way that hose is NLA, unless you can find it on ebay. P.S., nice boat ya got there! I've had mine for 20 yrs., last month. Hard to believe.