RATZAKRATZA!! ROWRBAZZLE!! (rant)

JB

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
I have one of those big leather recliners with the engineer's nighmare mechanism underneath.<br /><br />Last week, POW!. One of the two springs that "balance" the back snapped.<br /><br />Dug it out of the innards and took it to NAPA, where I found one pretty close. A little time with the big vise and a 3# sledge made it ready to fit.<br /><br />Turned the chair over and strained to stretch it, but got the new spring installed. "There" said I, "gonna be okay now". Started to turn the chair back over. . . .<br /><br />POW!!. The other spring broke. :mad: <br /><br />GWB wouldn't do that to me, so it must be a bleeding heart commie liberal conspiracy!

oddjob

Commander
Re: RATZAKRATZA!! ROWRBAZZLE!! (rant)

Whoooooh JB!....see there? dont you feel better now? :D

KaGee

Admiral

It sounds like the neo-cons for sure JB!<br /><br />Sorry to hear of your frustrations.

SS MAYFLOAT

Admiral

OMG! JB's ranting. This doesn't happen very often.<br /><br />After all those posts JB, I think you maybe need a new chair and a tall glass of scotch :D

Booner

Petty Officer 1st Class

If your popping springs on the recliner JB you may want to check your weight. :D

rolmops

Vice Admiral

The John Birch association would have hunted for those liberal communist invaders that infiltrated your chair.They might have blown up your house to save you from their evil influence ,but you would have been saved.

QC

Supreme Mariner

I have had the exact same thing happen with Garage door springs. Pretty amazing that this stuff fatigues at the same rate. I just buy two of everything now . . .

JB

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

Hmmmm. I like SS Mayfloat's idea. Well, the scotch anyway. :)

pjc

Lieutenant Commander

probably Chinese springs...........go figure.

crab bait

Captain

sounds liberal to me .. <br /><br />fatazz on a 3 weak spring break.. :)

NOSLEEP

Commander

spank them liberals, then have a good scotch. :D

eeboater

Commander

Originally posted by pjc:<br /> probably Chinese springs...........go figure.
You mean those Chinese Stainless Steel springs that have a tendency to rust?<br /><br />Sean

D

DJ

JB,<br /><br />I haven't had a spring pop, but I have had a bolt fall out. Same result, spilled drink and palpatations. :eek: <br /><br />Those dang bolts are "one offs" and are darn near impossible to get at.<br /><br />It IS a conspiracy. I thought outboard parts were expensive.<br /><br /> ;) :D