Rant about trash dumpers

Booner

Petty Officer 1st Class
Just this morning someone dumped an old BBQ grill: :mad: I wish I could catch the SOB that dumps and turn them in. I live on the west side of Milford Lake. Across the road is public hunting land it’s owned by the Corps of Engineers and the state manages it. I assume its people from town driving to the country and dumping there

JB

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Re: Rant about trash dumpers

Down with dumpers!!<br /><br />Local guy spent 60 days last year contemplating the error of his ways for dumping old appliances in a creek near The Hideout. Was so unwelcome when he got out that he moved. Wonder if he went to Kansas?

BoatBuoy

Rear Admiral

Luckily we don't have much of a problem with that here anymore, used to though. <br /><br />The county has several large "recycling" centers where you can take anything from old tires to demolition materials. <br /><br />Paid for through county taxes. <br /><br />The only thing they won't take is hazardous liquids. They probably won't take asbestos materials either.<br /><br />I guess if they can load the whatever in a pickup truck, it's just as easy to take to the recycling center as dump it.

LubeDude

Admiral

All dumps should be free to the people that want to dump. I live on the Coos, Douglas County line, The Douglas county dump is free and is closer for the people of Lakeside, but Lakeside is in Coos county and the dump site is much farther and it costs about $30.00 for a pickup load if you take it in. So, because there is a country road up the hill, there is garbage and old apliances everywhere there is a pull off up that road. It costs the county more to clean the mess up every year than if they would make the dump free, or just supply a large dumpster for the residents. I guess that would be too simple.

Homerr

Commander

You're closer to me than I thought LubeDude!<br />(I'm over here in Dead-Ford) :eek: <br /><br />I'll have to stop by the next time I go crabbing in Charleston!<br /><br /><br />We still have our share of illegal dumping around my area. There is no such thing as free dumping here! (except maybe glass, plastics etc..)... <br /><br />Our local 'transfer station' costs keep going up every year and you can see the results by the all the illegal dumping.<br /><br /><br />H.

Scaaty

Vice Admiral

Washington State wildflower.....Maytag

LubeDude

Admiral

Originally posted by Homerr:<br /> You're closer to me than I thought LubeDude!<br />(I'm over here in Dead-Ford) :eek: <br /><br />
The guy I work for mostly, owns the Edgewater II there in Shady Cove just accross the bridge, and the RV Park on the other side of the road.

ndemge

Commander

Just last year in my backyard we find all in one pile, couch, loveseat table and coffee table.<br /><br />thought about lugging down my old broken tv and sitting there to have a beer. but my brother was nice enough to load in the trailer and haul off.<br /><br />If I was there when the person dumped it, they would have EATEN the couch, spring by spring.

kenimpzoom

Rear Admiral

Here in Baytown they will pickup everything (furniture, appliances, etc.) for the 10 dollars we all pay per month.<br /><br />We have brush pickup once a month.<br /><br />To dump you own, you have to get a permit that is 10 dollars per year. Only one truckload per day allowed.<br /><br />Ken

JasonJ

Rear Admiral

We are pretty lucky here, there are transfer stations all over the place. You can take anything there including oil, chemicals, appliances, you name it and they take it all free of charge. They even have "freebie" areas where you can put stuff that you don't want anymore but still works. I picked up a 6 horse self propelled bagger lawnmower there that just needed a new pullcord, fixed it, and sold it at a yard sale for $50.

Limited-Time

Vice Admiral

No problem round here. Ya don't pitch the old stuff ya just set it out on the front porch next to yer rocker. :D :D