Ran aground on mud, could there be probs

Rovernaut

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Today I missed a channel and ran aground stuck on mud. The prop that churning before I actually realised I was stuck.<br />After I was free, I noticed the motor a little lumpy.<br />My worry is that some of this mud silt has entered the water jacket around the cyls.<br /> I flushed it on muffs for about 15 mins when I got home. Plenty water coming out of telltale ( pee hole)<br />Can I back flush the motor if I remove the leg and shove a hose up the water pipes.<br /> I am just worried that silt/mud might be in the water jackets?<br />It's a Classic 50 inline 4cyl 1986 model

Dunaruna

Admiral
Re: Ran aground on mud, could there be probs

Better mud than sand.<br /><br />Me thinks you got it all.

Texasmark

Supreme Mariner

Well, since you are concerned to that extent, drop the skeg and plug that hose into the pipe coming from the water pump. That ought to do it without much trouble.<br /><br />And while you have her down, pop the top on your pump and check or just replace your impeller.....and while the top is off you have access to back flush your water pump and then you'll have the whole thing cleaned out.<br /><br />Mark

Rovernaut

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Thanks guys. I had visions of mud getting stuck in the water passages around the cylinder liners.