Ramp - Plank - for a boat dock - Suggestions?

sid007

Cadet
Guys, I'm looking for a ramp - plank that I can use on my dock and put behind my boat so i can work on it.

Besides a wooden plank board from a hardware shop do you have any suggestions?

Something thats light, portable, and be moved by one person?

scoutabout

Lieutenant Commander
Re: Ramp - Plank - for a boat dock - Suggestions?

Not sure I'm picturing the application properly. Do you mean something to span a slip behind the boat so you can get at the stern while it's in the water?

If so, and depending on the span, two lengths of aluminum extension ladder side by side and topped by secured plywood might do...

Utahboatnut

Senior Chief Petty Officer

Careful if you use an extension ladder that way, unless its a really nice one it will fold. They make planks that can be slid apart to meet your needs. A series or wood or metal fingers they look like a wood swimdeck when expanded. A true contractor supply will have them. I guess you could use a scaffold plank.

Les Robb

Chief Petty Officer

If your like me, whatever you use make sure you have an additional catch net under you to collect the tools and parts you drop. :D
Check the scaffolding accessories.

grego

Petty Officer 1st Class

There is a expandable alum. walk board ,you can buy at lowes. a little pricey, but if you are going to use it alot, it is worth it. trust me! an old fanny pack partially unzipped works, for nuts and bolts and wrenches.

tashasdaddy

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

how wide is the span? how much weight on the scaffold board. these have been used for 100 years in the construction business

2- 2x6 2 ft longer than the span , 1/2 inch plywood

Attachments

• walk board  scaffold 001.jpg
    walk board scaffold 001.jpg
    27.9 KB · Views: 0

Stachi

Lieutenant Commander

any chance you can back your boat into your slip to a permanently secured work platform ?? just an idea...