Rain Rain go away!

CntrySngr

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Due to the weather I was unable to get the boat out on the lake this weekend. That really, REALLY stinks! I was looking forward to doing some skiing or fishing!! :mad: <br /><br />That tropical storm has moved up into KY and IN and we are getting a ton of rain. Hopefully in the next day or two I can get out for some evening fishing or something. Anyone else unable to go out this weekend? :(

TwoWatt

Petty Officer 1st Class
Re: Rain Rain go away!

Yeah. We got some of that rain today. Not enough from keep me from fishing though :)

snapperbait

Vice Admiral

"Anyone else unable to go out this weekend?".. <br /><br />uh, yea.... :( Anytime I make plans to go, either the weather turns to poo-poo, or I end up having to work, or both (like this weekend)... <br /><br /> It's almost to the point where I give up and find a new indoor/dry hobby... :(

bubbakat

Captain

Yep the whole week end is shot here in middle tenn.<br />Next week end I have to go to louisville ky so no fishing again.

Stumpys

Petty Officer 1st Class

Nope... All is has done is rain everyday now. In fact it's storming now, and we are under flood warnings. Maybe next weekend!

IBFishing

Seaman

It is storming here too. Tornado warnings out also. Doesn't really affect my fishing though.....My boat is currently out of commission until I get my rebuilt powerhead back. :(

Bassy

Lieutenant Commander

What Kenneth can't use I'll take. My garden needs some watering; for free.

Bassy

Lieutenant Commander

Hey IBFishing. My husband's family comes from Selina,right across the river fom you. He has many good memories of there and caught many very big fish in that river. Pryor,OK. Small world.<br />Bassy

CntrySngr

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Originally posted by OldTyme:<br /> Yeah. We got some of that rain today. Not enough from keep me from fishing though :)
Well, it rained constantly here on Sunday...some pretty heavy stuff too. I tried to convince my roommate that fishing in the rain is the best, I've always caught a lot of fish that way, but he wasn't for it. I should have just gone myself...oh well. This weekend looks to be a nice one, so I will plan on doing some then. I may even go out tomorrow after work! :)

NYMINUTE

Captain

Sucked at this end of the Hoosier State too. Guess we had it coming!

beezee28

Master Chief Petty Officer

Send some water our way, it has been dry and hot over here in the South East Texas and the yard and front lawn could do with some water. On the weekdays only and on weekends sunshine so we can go boating. :D :D

CntrySngr

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Originally posted by NYMINUTE:<br /> Sucked at this end of the Hoosier State too. Guess we had it coming!
You up North?<br /><br />BTW...NYMinute, is that because you are from NY originally?

NYMINUTE

Captain

Originally posted by CntrySngr:<br />
Originally posted by NYMINUTE:<br /> Sucked at this end of the Hoosier State too. Guess we had it coming!
You up North?<br /><br />BTW...NYMinute, is that because you are from NY originally?
Live here in Fort Pain errr Wayne. From NY via transfer with 2nd option to Quit. :D

SS MAYFLOAT

Admiral

I once complained and whined about rain. Then I got a boat with a cabin. Now I don't care what it does, I'm on the water every weekend. This past April even had snow on the docks! Still was on the water though! BTW, when it gets too hot, the A/C works real well.... :p

CntrySngr

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Originally posted by NYMINUTE:<br /> Live here in Fort Pain errr Wayne. From NY via transfer with 2nd option to Quit. :D
I was hired into Indiana from upstate NY - Mohawk Valley area. At least I am down south where we have SOME form of "hills" to remind me a bit of home.<br /><br />Can't complain too much...winters are much milder here. I've been here 8 years now...but I'll never be a Hoosier...I'll always be a NYer!

one more cast

Captain

We have had temps in the mid 80's to low 90's here for the last two - three weeks with NO rain. Normal high for this time of year is 73-74. Its 89 right now.

IBFishing

Seaman

Originally posted by Bassy:<br /> Hey IBFishing. My husband's family comes from Selina,right across the river fom you. He has many good memories of there and caught many very big fish in that river. Pryor,OK. Small world.<br />Bassy
Hey Bassy. You mean "Salina" not "Selina", correct. There is good fishing there. I know I'll sure be glad to get back on the water again :) I see you are in California. My dad's side of the family is from there and my sister is living in Long Beach right now. I've never been to California though (maybee one day).

TELMANMN

Chief Petty Officer

Saw this post and thought it would be from Minnesota. It has rained so much up here(no deluges but it sucks so bad the state bird is late coming out) because you need sun and heat to get them going. Mold is growing on decks, picnic tables etc. that normally have no problem. <br /> I am just affraid it will now quit and be hotter than H.

NYMINUTE

Captain

Originally posted by CntrySngr:<br />
Originally posted by NYMINUTE:<br /> Live here in Fort Pain errr Wayne. From NY via transfer with 2nd option to Quit. :D
I was hired into Indiana from upstate NY - Mohawk Valley area. At least I am down south where we have SOME form of "hills" to remind me a bit of home.<br /><br />Can't complain too much...winters are much milder here. I've been here 8 years now...but I'll never be a Hoosier...I'll always be a NYer!
From Suburban Buffalo ( Tonawanda ) Winters here are less snow, but have exceeded the low temps. Never had a -19* in Buffalo that I recall. Boating here sux compared to the Niagara, and Lakes Erie & Ontario. I go to St. Joe, Mi. as often as we are able. Did you suffer from Culture shock here in Indiana when you moved? Took me a few years to adjust to the Mid West Attitudes. ;)