Rain Forest

Fly Rod

Commander
:) A Rain Forest in Iowa !!!!<br />Yup!! Plans are in the works for a rain forest in Iowa using tax payers dollars which is a multi- million dollar project. And a projected cost of a million dollars a year to operate.<br />This rain forest is going to be inclosed. No natural rain. Will be fed by an over head sprinkler system.<br /><br />What's the benefit ???? :confused:

RetNav

Senior Chief Petty Officer
Re: Rain Forest

Only thing I can think of is, when you are inside the enclosure you will have plenty of oxygen... :D

Kenneth Brown

Captain

Somebodys brother in law is in the sprinkler or glass building business. Its touted to increase the economy (of the brother in law that is ;) )<br /><br />I can see it. Many people will never get to experiance anything like it if its not built. Everytime I go to Galveston I go to the IMAX place. They have a indoor rainforest and it is too cool. If it wasn't for that I would never be able to see what a rainforest looks like. I'm just a poor boy, no trips to Hawaii or central America are in my future.

ChrisMcLaughlin

Petty Officer 1st Class

Hey guys, <br />Come on down to Florida. It is very hot and muggy. Plus we can use the tourist dollars!!!

18rabbit

Captain

Forget Florida! Come to California (for a little while...then go back home). We need your $$$ even more. And Arnold can show you around the place. :D