Rag newspapers stupidity

SS MAYFLOAT

Admiral
Re: Rag newspapers stupidity

Those type of papers belong on the floor for the pet to use! The gesture of donating $5K to a charity of the officers choice upsets me. With all his surguries, I would think the officers family could use the money. It should have been more and it given to the officers family. The paper just trying to make things look good for them.<br /><br />I don't read those type papers. I find most of the stories exagerated and unfounded.

BoatBuoy

Rear Admiral

Horrible for the officer, but what about the other 9 people? I'm sure they also feel badly if they know they're listed. To even have a top 10 list of the ugliest people is absolutely disgusting.

theriver

Petty Officer 1st Class

Is this paper available on a roll with perforated 4x5 inch sections convenient for wiping?<br /><br />I'm sure his wife and family think he's no less attractive than before the accident. <br />Anytime I see someone who has obviously been involved in some sort of serious trauma, I do my very best to treat them exactly like I would anyone else. I'm sure these people appreciate it when eye contact is made followed by a nod or smile as opposed to a stare or horrified startle. Whats particularly sad and poor taste here is that burns are the most painful injury.

ZooMbr

Petty Officer 1st Class

While in Phx I've seen a couple of programs on this officer and family -- I was in Phx when the accident happened. This guy and his family is awesome!!! If I met the reporter I would punch his lights out. Very few of us could go through what He has gone through and continue to have the positive outlook he has.<br /><br />I also have a personal friend who mashed his VW beetle, the windshield broke and the gas tank exploded. Burnt his face bad, not as bad as this officers; but, enough that he lost lips, ears, nose and of course was unrecognizable from his HS pictures. What he went through is unbelievable and was hurt when kids would run screaming "monster", mothers would complain to store managers that they shouldn't let him in the stores. Surgery has made remarkable improvement, sill scars showing. The really great thing is the person he became. <br /><br />Could go on but I can tell you after knowing him I've never looked at anyone with disfigurements and thought they shouldn't be treated with the utmost respect.

snapperbait

Vice Admiral

What's even more disgusting are the people who buy that crap... :mad:

spratt

Lieutenant

Originally posted by snapperbait:<br /> What's even more disgusting are the people who buy that crap... :mad:
100% in agreement...no buyers = no trash papers!!!