Radar to spot birds

CaptSolo

Cadet
I'm looking into a radar system that will spot birds while underway at 40 mph without blinking out.Something that really works for under a million. Something like a trained seagull!<br /><br />One radar pro just emialed me back with some good adise - recommending Furuno & Simrad manufacturer radars capable of 25kw.<br /><br />Anyone out there that has had a good experience with these (or other) new radar systems, please feel free to email me. <br /><br />I run a 40 foot Performance Yacht (i.e., cigerette hull) with 3 250 ficht Evinrudes on her stern. I fish for sport. Don't think I really need radar to find the birds, but have friends that commercial charter and they are recommending a unit.<br /><br />Tomorrow will be low winds here in the Bahamas, and I'm outta here at 8AM for the best YFT spot around.

JB

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Re: Radar to spot birds

Ahoy, CaptSolo.<br /><br />I don't have any suggestions for you, but had to welcome you back to iboats. :) <br /><br />Your short visit here a couple of years back was very memorable. Sorry you left.<br /><br />Good luck on finding the right RADAR. Let us know how it goes.