Radar Camera catch speeding LEO

Parrott_head

Chief Petty Officer
From FOX News

A Georgia couple appeared before a judge Wednesday to answer charges that they allegedly stalked a police officer whom they caught speeding in their neighborhood.

Lee and Teresa Sipple set up a $1,200 system of video cameras and radar outside their home to catch speeders driving through their Bartow County neighborhood, the Cartersville Daily Tribune reports.

The couple clocked Kennesaw police officer Richard Perrone allegedly speeding 17 miles over the speed limit, the Daily Tribune reported.

When the couple called police, they were informed that Perrone would be pressing charges against the couple for stalking.

So all I have to do if I get a "camera ticket" is file harassment charges against the police department to beat the ticket, right?

A more complete write up can be found here:
http://www.officer.com/article/article.jsp?id=34748&siteSection=1

WillyBWright

Fleet Admiral
Re: Radar Camera catch speeding LEO

Scare tactic, and it just might get him in the unemployment line. He'd have to prove they relentlessly singled him out. But the bad PR is going to get him fired first.

Boomyal

Supreme Mariner

WillyBWright said:
Scare tactic, and it just might get him in the unemployment line. He'd have to prove they relentlessly singled him out. But the bad PR is going to get him fired first.

Yep, WBW, methinks he wrote his last ticket! I can't stand bureacratic arrogance.

crunch

Commander

Sad but true, that couple will soon be relocating.

I once made the mistake (in1970) of challenging a cop to his right to speed. He passed me on a 50 MPH, 2 lane road in the left lane and I just matched my speed with his. (60)

He slammed on his brakes, pulled me over, and wrote the ticket. I asked for his pad to write him a ticket( Oregon Law only allows emergency vehicles to exceed the speed limit by 10 MPH, and only in an emergency) and was refused. Went to court and beat it.

In the next 4 months I ran up 3 sheets in minor infractions, spent 25 days in jail as I refused to pay the fines, and moved out of the area after a Deputy Sherif nailed me up against my vehicle and told me I could get really hurt if he caught me alone somewhere.

Since then, for the last 36 years, I have no tickets, no accidents.

You can't beat City Hall. :|

steve201

Petty Officer 1st Class

dang crunch!!...I only thought that kinda stuff happened in mississippi!!....8)

crunch

Commander

LOL.... happens all over. If I were to get that uppity here, out of town I'd go. :p

Kenneth Brown

Captain

That was then, this is now. The couple would be rich if they retaliated. Then again something I was taught very early- You may be the case but you can't beat the ride.

Parrott_head

Chief Petty Officer

Well I've surfed around a bit and finally found an article that covers this new language.

http://www.truthout.org/docs_2006/011507E.shtml

One of the issues it discusses is the use of civilian security and the handling of detainees. The civilian contractors put the US military in a bad light with their handling of detainees yet the military was limited in what they could do in prosecuting the contractors.

It does refer to embedded journalists. Apparently they would fall into the language more than the free lance variety.

AK_Chappy

Lieutenant

PH,
Did you mean to post in the other thread??

AK Chappy

Parrott_head

Chief Petty Officer

AK_Chappy said:
PH,
Did you mean to post in the other thread??

AK Chappy

OOPPS!

Yeah, I guess I did. Mea Culpa...:$:$:$

Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most....

bassboy1

Lieutenant Commander

Well this hits close to home.8)

Tyme2fish

Commander

There is an LEO that travels the same way to work that I travel. He always passes me and exceeds the speed limit by 10 to 15 mph. I know he's going to roll call and is not yet "on the job"
I've often thought of getting his police unit number and reporting him, but I know the result would be a lot of grieve for me.
Don't take me wrong. I respect LEO's. But why can he speed going to work and I can't?

WillyBWright

Fleet Admiral

Back when I was in college, I frequently noticed a Campus Cop that didn't like to wait for stoplights. He'd throw on the flashers and siren, make his turn, then shut them off a block later. One day I saw it happen one last time. A City Cop saw this, turned on his lights and siren, and pulled the Campus Cop over. Priceless!

One of the local Wardens liked to stake-out a local ramp by hiding along the shoreline of an island a few hundred yards offshore. Her favorite stalking time was about sunset so she could nab boaters with light problems as they loaded their boats back on their trailers. Problem was, she only had a stern light herself. One day a City Cop driving through the park saw this and gave her a ticket for improper lighting.

Now a rhetrical question. When was the last time you saw a cop use his directional light?

gonefishie

Commander

WillyBWright said:
Now a rhetrical question. When was the last time you saw a cop use his directional light?

Don't know, I have never seen one does it. One did it right in front of me the other day...:|:| I don't know how many times cop cars flew passed me with the driver in street clothes. I often times wondered who pulls these azz over for speeding. They must think they own the road or something.

tommays

Admiral

A Fire Engine RETURNING from a fire thought he needed more time to get bettter at running lights

My wife who has REALLY good hearing was not pleased when he removed her taillight at 50 MPH at a three-way blind intersection :(

Tommays