Qwest? Apex?

bcs1313

Recruit
Good afternoon (at least where I am)...this is a fantastic resource you have developed here and I just "lost" two hours of productivity reading up on pontoons. After MUCH consideration and research, I have decided that my family's first boat will be a pontoon. We live near a LOT of 9.9hp lakes and I love them due to the seclusion and relative solitude. So we're looking almost exclusively at pontoons 18 feet and under. One company we keep running across is Apex who makes the Qwest lines. We're almost sold on an 18-foot fishing model of theirs. But I can't seem to find too many Qwest owners and a search of this forum didn't return any results. Does anyone have any thoughts on these boats? Thank you and again, fantastic forum.

The Rooster

Ensign
Re: Qwest? Apex?

Don't believe there's much about them out there because they seem relatively new to the scene, but what can go wrong on an 18' toon w/ 9.9 hp outboard on secluded lakes ? If the dealer is somewhat close for any service or warranty work, I say go for it. Good luck !!!

MH Hawker

Vice Admiral
Re: Qwest? Apex?

A 18 foot is a good boat, but unless its strictly a budget thing look at the 20 foot ones, it doesn't seem like all that much difference but when you start using it it really makes a difference and is more comfortable and it will ride just a bit smother and handling is the same and trailering it and towing is the same. I also run on a 9.9 lake. I gave up on the unlimited lakes for many reasons and am completly happy on a 9.9 lake.