quotes for composit mast sparrs and rigging

kelwendee

Seaman Apprentice
hello all<br />A good friend of mine is just finishing up his trimaran. the hull is pretty much finished. he is down to mast, sparrs, rigging, painting and adding marine electronics.<br />what we are looking for is companys that supply the composit masts and sparrs, sails and rigging<br />in a package, possible installed. the boat is located in Eureka Calif.<br />I do not have the exact dimensions at this writing, but will post as soon as I can talk to him again within a few days.<br />any info would be greatly apperciated.<br />Ben

tommays

Admiral
Re: quotes for composit mast sparrs and rigging

just wondering if the boat had a mast sail and deck riging plan before it was built<br /><br /> http://www.usspars.com/ <br /><br />there really is no such thing as a package the standing riging would have to be custom made for the boat as would the sails after the mast and boom and all the runing riging were installed<br /><br />it is a huge job to rig a sail boat deck from scratch<br /><br />tommays

SoulWinner

Commander

Your friend could probably pick some sweet deals on spars from Florda. If you know the approximate diminsions of the spars (mast, boom et-al) check with insurance and boat salvage companies in Florida. He could pick up most of the stuff really cheap because there are a BUNCH of totalled yatchs around right now.

flashback

Captain

kelwendee, did your friend build the boat from scratch? most sailboats are designed with a sail plan.. In any case, unless he has deep pockets or is an avid racer, I would suggest a more conventional aluminum rig. the carbon fibre rig will put him in the poor house.. ;) :D