Quiz time - with an international flavour

Dunaruna

Admiral
This might crash and burn but I'll give it a try anyway.<br /><br />1. What automotive engine recently won the international 'Engine of the Year" award (plus other various awards)?<br /><br />2. What was the occupation of Yorick in the play 'Hamlet' and what was his fate?<br /><br />3. Who held the record for most F1 championships before Michael Schumacher?<br /><br />4. What formula is used to calculate the area of a circle?<br /><br />5. Name the American Taliban fighter who was sentenced to 20 years jail?<br /><br />6. Apia is the capital city of which south pacific nation?<br /><br />7. Name the two balcony hecklers in the 'muppet show'?<br /><br />8. Which country has the most Roman Catholics?<br /><br />9. In what month of which year was the first human moon landing?<br /><br />10. What nationality was astronomer Nicolaus Copernicus?<br /><br />Too hard, too easy, don't care???<br /><br />NO GOOGLING :rolleyes:

Bassy

Lieutenant Commander
Re: Quiz time - with an international flavour

No googling and here is all I know, I think:<br />4. What formula is used to calculate the area of a circle?<br />Area=Pi- r- squared?<br />8. Which country has the most Roman Catholics?<br /> Italy?<br />The rest I don't have a clue.

Dunaruna

Admiral

O/k, if a teacher says 'don't have a clue' then maybe I've gone the 'too hard' route. I'll leave it for now but next time make 'um a bit easier.

RPJS

Lieutenant Commander

1 BMW M5 V10<br /><br />2 Court Jester<br /><br />3 Nicky Lauda<br /><br />4 Pie r square<br /><br />5 ????<br /><br />6 Samoa<br /><br />7 ????<br /><br />8 Brazil<br /><br />9 ????<br /><br />10 Polish

Bassy

Lieutenant Commander

Originally posted by Dunaruna:<br /> O/k, if a teacher says 'don't have a clue' then maybe I've gone the 'too hard' route. I'll leave it for now but next time make 'um a bit easier.
:D :D Nah, not too hard. I just don't know anything about <br />1. engines <br />2. Shakespear(None of that in elementary school teaching)<br />3. F1 Championship?What the heck is that?<br />4. I really should know number 5,but don't.<br />5. I'm terrible at Geography(an admitted weakness)<br />6. Never watched the Muppets(Blame my parents)<br />7. Terrible at astronomy too.<br />Let's see how everyone else does. Remember, NO GOOGLING!!<br />Bassy

Dunaruna

Admiral

Originally posted by Bassy:<br /><br /> 3. F1 Championship?What the heck is that?<br />
Wash your mouth out with soap!!! :D .<br /><br />You're forgiven on the rest :) .<br /><br />Aldo

JB

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

1. Beemer V10<br />2. ? He was killed. Hamlet had a conversation with Yorick's skull.<br />3. Juan Manuel Fangio, from Brazil.<br />4. A= (Pi x R) squared<br />5. ?<br />6. ?<br />7. ?<br />8. ?<br />9. June<br />10 Italian<br /><br />That's a tough one, Dunaruna. Whew!

LadyFish

Admiral

Aldo, you lost me on question #1. :confused: And, I don't know what F1 is either except a special function key on my keyboard. :( <br /><br />I have some good guesses on the rest but I think y'all would laugh. :D

Limited-Time

Vice Admiral

1. What automotive engine recently won the international 'Engine of the Year" award (plus other various awards)?<br /><br />2. What was the occupation of Yorick in the play 'Hamlet' and what was his fate?<br /><br />3. Who held the record for most F1 championships before Michael Schumacher?<br /><br />4. What formula is used to calculate the area of a circle? (PiXradius)squared<br /><br />5. Name the American Taliban fighter who was sentenced to 20 years jail? John Walker<br /><br />6. Apia is the capital city of which south pacific nation?<br /><br />7. Name the two balcony hecklers in the 'muppet show'? Burt N Ernie <br /><br />8. Which country has the most Roman Catholics? Brazil<br /><br />9. In what month of which year was the first human moon landing? October<br /><br />10. What nationality was astronomer Nicolaus Copernicus? Polish

Sublime

Cadet

Ok,.. I'll try this:<br /><br />1. Honda<br /><br />2.?<br /><br />3. Danica Patric.. (Probably wrong,..but she's hot)<br /><br />4. D X Pi X 0.7854<br /><br />5. Richard Reed?<br /><br />6. ?<br /><br />7. ?<br /><br />8. Mexico<br /><br />9. Oct or Nov.??<br /><br />10. Greek

gaugeguy

Captain

I'll take the zero ;) <br /><br />Actually, I know 3 of the 10 :rolleyes:

Dunaruna

Admiral

Next time I'll make them easier and more topical. Ladies, F1 is 'formula one racing'.<br /><br />1. BMW 5L v10, currently found in the M5 & M6. A product of R&D primarily in the F1 forum.<br /><br />2. Court Jester...........and the scull.<br /><br />3. JB got it - Fangio, total of 5 championships, Schuey has 6. Fangio still holds the title of 'Oldest' champion.<br /><br />4. Pi r squared<br /><br />5. John Walker Lindh<br /><br />6. Samoa<br /><br />7. Stadley and Waldorf<br /><br />8. Brazil<br /><br />9. July '69<br /><br />10. Polish<br /><br />Aldo

Sublime

Cadet

Oops,.. I screwed up #4<br /><br />4. D squared X 0.7854

oddjob

Commander

1. What automotive engine recently won the international 'Engine of the Year" award (plus other various awards)?<br />2. What was the occupation of Yorick in the play 'Hamlet' and what was his fate?<br />3. Who held the record for most F1 championships before Michael Schumacher?<br />4. What formula is used to calculate the area of a circle?<br />5. Name the American Taliban fighter who was sentenced to 20 years jail?<br />6. Apia is the capital city of which south pacific nation?<br />7. Name the two balcony hecklers in the 'muppet show'?<br />8. Which country has the most Roman Catholics?<br />9. In what month of which year was the first human moon landing?<br />10. What nationality was astronomer Nicolaus Copernicus?<br /><br />1. Was it japanese?<br />2. a cobbler<br />3. Al unser or Super mario<br />4. I forgot<br />5. 19 yr old lib punk w/ supportive lib parents( who cares what his name is until he gets out).<br />6. Fiji<br />7. thats the 8th wonder of the world<br />8. er Rome?<br />9. April<br />10.italian?<br /><br />That was hard, I dont care who ya are! :confused:

aspeck

Staff member

Oh, I think I know the answers now! Are these right, Aldo?<br /><br />1. BMW 5L v10, currently found in the M5 & M6. A product of R&D primarily in the F1 forum.<br /><br />2. Court Jester...........and the scull.<br /><br />3. JB got it - Fangio, total of 5 championships, Schuey has 6. Fangio still holds the title of 'Oldest' champion.<br /><br />4. Pi r squared<br /><br />5. John Walker Lindh<br /><br />6. Samoa<br /><br />7. Stadley and Waldorf<br /><br />8. Brazil<br /><br />9. July '69<br /><br />10. Polish<br /><br /><br />Okay, I admit, I cheated and looked at the answers before posting.

kenimpzoom

Rear Admiral

Pie arent square, pie are round! :D :D :D

Elmer Fudge

Lieutenant Commander

1.?<br />2.?<br />3.Nelson Piquet<br />4.?<br />5.John Walker Lindh<br />6.Papua New Guinea<br />7.Waldorf & stadler<br />8.Brazil<br />9.?<br />10.Roman<br /><br />Gee! its a little too early in the day to hurt my head like this, i really suck at quiz :D

snapperbait

Vice Admiral

1. What automotive engine recently won the international 'Engine of the Year" award (plus other various awards)? Dunno..<br /><br />2. What was the occupation of Yorick in the play 'Hamlet' and what was his fate? Dunno<br /><br />3. Who held the record for most F1 championships before Michael Schumacher? JOHN FORCE... huh-huh.. :D I Dunno<br /><br />4. What formula is used to calculate the area of a circle? pie r squared<br /><br />5. Name the American Taliban fighter who was sentenced to 20 years jail? james walker lynn(sp?)grrrrrrrrr<br /><br />6. Apia is the capital city of which south pacific nation? dunno Fiji?....<br /><br />7. Name the two balcony hecklers in the 'muppet show'? Stanley and ??????????<br /><br />8. Which country has the most Roman Catholics? Italy?<br /><br />9. In what month of which year was the first human moon landing? July of 1969<br /><br />10. What nationality was astronomer Nicolaus Copernicus? Greek?