Quit smoking or Lose Weight?

ndemge

Commander
For those that have done both, what was easier?<br /><br />To Quit smoking, and STAY Quit,<br /><br />or to <br /><br />Lose Weight, and KEEP IT OFF

heyttown

Chief Petty Officer
Re: Quit smoking or Lose Weight?

But what if I havent done both and I cant vote........Whats the results?

SpinnerBait_Nut

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

Just lie(cheat) and vote for something.<br />You will know what you voted for and therefor know how many actual votes there really are.

Link

Rear Admiral

Hey I couldnt vote either :( <br />Quit smoking for 18 months one time.<br />Didnt do anything special. Just didnt smoke.<br /><br />In the mid 80s inbetween jobs I found myself 25 pounds over weight. <br />As soon as I went back to work it went away...<br /><br />Dont think either would be that easy again..

JB

Wont SOMEONE on this board PLEASE learn to spell "lose".

Bob_VT

Moderator & Unofficial iBoats Historian
Staff member

Loose is a term for your belt after your lose weight!<br /><br />Hang loose!<br /><br />Bob :cool:

Link

Rear Admiral

Originally posted by JB:<br /> Wont SOMEONE on this board PLEASE learn to spell "lose".
Is me grammer going to be checked next? ;) <br />Figured this was a nice way to give it a bump :D

SpinnerBait_Nut

And we won't tell someone how to spell won't either me thinks. :p :p

Boomyal

Supreme Mariner

Originally posted by JB:<br /> Wont SOMEONE on this board PLEASE learn to spell "lose".
Lost art JB. It must be those government run schools. :eek:

ndemge

Commander

In the words of my wise brother... "BITE ME"<br /><br /><br />.... back to the topic at hand.<br /><br />My personal experience is it was easier to quit smoking.<br /><br />Quit smoking, it's an all or nothing thing. I know that I can not have ANY, EVER or I will go back to it. So I don't have even a puff, ever.<br /><br />...Eating... You have to eat, but teaching yourself and forcing moderation and good choices is just not that easy. If I could just be a non-eater, I think it would be easier.<br /><br />My $.02

Link

Rear Admiral

Originally posted by NoelMG:<br />My personal experience is it was easier to quit smoking.<br /><br />Quit smoking, it's an all or nothing thing. I know that I can not have ANY, EVER or I will go back to it. So I don't have even a puff, ever.<br /><br />...Eating... You have to eat, but teaching yourself and forcing moderation and good choices is just not that easy. If I could just be a non-eater, I think it would be easier.<br /><br />My $.02
Hmmmmmmmmm very good point

Bassy

Lieutenant Commander

Yeah, JB, it was the first thing I saw too. Must be the teacher in us. Always checking grammar. Its just the way we are. <br />Bassy

Bassy

Lieutenant Commander

Quitting smoking was easy this time. I got a cold/flu/something. Two doses of antibiotics and didn't smoke the whole time. Felt totally lousy. Last thing I wanted was smoke. But I came out a non-smoker. I will never have a puff. Just like liquor, just can't take the chance. No Mas.<br />Bassy

BLU LUNCH

Lieutenant

I quit 3/20/2005 I woke up hackin my freakin brains out again and said no more, I quit cold turkey and don't miss them one bit. At 6.00 a pack I'm saving lot of money but my newly purchased Wellcraft V-20 needs a outboard.

brother chris

Commander

Quitting cigarettes is very hard, but if you have a couple friends(and you are living in there house temporary) and they all smoke, and do not work, it makes if easier to quit!<br />I had 10 packs of cigs and they were gone in 2-3 days. I did not smoke them all. I figured it was WAAAY cheaper to quit than the pay for them too!<br />Losing weight is way too easy for me. I just do not eat for 3 days(ok, I will eat toast, but that is it). Not to boast, but I can loose 25 lbs in a month. In fact I did it a couple months ago. I just ate very very little food. <br />It's not healthy, I know, but no one here is my mother :D <br />At least I hope my mom is not here :D

Kenneth Brown

Captain

Now son I told you not to be doing that any more. This nice man Kenneth let me post under his name and I'm glad he did. Signed, Yo Momma

FLATHEAD

Captain

The smoking thing was cake for me. The day my son was born I hung up a two pack a day habit. Never looked back. <br /><br />The weight thing is tough. My wife is an awesome cook and while most of the time it's only the two of us for dinner, she still cooks for four. I just keep shoveling it in as long as it is sitting there on the table, it just taste so darn good. If she would cut down on the portions I think I could shed a few pounds a lot easier.<br /><br />So there ya have it, I blamed it on the wife :p :D

qaztwo

Petty Officer 1st Class

Just thought I'd say that I feel for those who are trying to quit smoking. 13 yrs two packs a day, haven't had one in nine months. As for the weight I always gain around twenty pounds during the winter it seems to start around thanksgiving and continue untell it warms up. The first warm month though it drops off.