quicksilver tach harness

ladano

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Where's the best place to order and how much should I expect to pay for a tach harness? Quicksilver box '84 115 merc. Thanx

Laddies

Banned
Re: quicksilver tach harness

Ck with your mercury dealer, I think they are a dealer only item

mixerjv

Petty Officer 3rd Class

www.mercurypartsexpress.com<br /><br />click Accessories<br />enter zip<br />pick a dealer<br />click rigging<br />click electrical<br />click tachometer harnesses<br /><br />Parts #'s and prices. About $32

Silvertip

Supreme Mariner

Cabela's has them for about the same price. You can easily make your own however. Buy some female pins from Radio Shack. Attach them to the end of the wires going to the tach. Add two layers of heat shink to each terminal. Make the connection to the main harness. To get real creative, use a Q-tip to lightly coat the inside of the engine harness connector. When the home made harness is installed, inject some RTV. After it cures you have a home brew plug. Total cost is about a buck.

ladano

Petty Officer 2nd Class

I'm bidding for one on ebay. If I loose that's what I'll do. All I'll need to know is where each pin goes. Thanx

ladano

Petty Officer 2nd Class

I won one on ebay, I wish I posted this earlier. Could have made it and save a few $'s. Thanx anyway.