Quick camera ?

Barlow

Lieutenant Commander
Re: Quick camera ?

yep .. but depends ..Mine the Kodak DX6490 has this ability.<br /><br />best bang for the buck IMHO<br /><br />btw- Merry Christmas Lester :)

fixin

Senior Chief Petty Officer

The Fujifilm S5100 also works as a web cam,so the book says.Also takes movies,but I think most of them do that now.

dhud64

Petty Officer 1st Class

Originally posted by Fixin:<br /> The Fujifilm S5100 also works as a web cam,so the book says.Also takes movies,but I think most of them do that now.
How do you like that Fuji? I got one too, still learning how to use it!!!

Boomyal

Supreme Mariner

What's the difference between the S5000 and the S5100? I bought the S5000 earlier this year and love it. The only negative, as far as I'm concerned, is there is not enough resistance on the 'mode' dial. It changes position accidently and you can take a bunch of shots before you notice it. Maybe they fixed that on the 5100?<br /><br />The camera is easy to use and the 10x optical lense is great.

fixin

Senior Chief Petty Officer

I really like the camera.I haven't had any issues with the 'mode'dial,it seems pretty tight and makes a little click noise when you move it.It doesn't seem to take very good pictures in low light using the optical zoom.I took a bunch of pictures at the kids Christmas concert in different modes and allot turned out blurry.The ones I took with min.opt.zoom turned out great.I think I need to get a tripod.I probably just need to read the book some more.It takes awesome pictures in every other situation that I've taken.

dhud64

Petty Officer 1st Class

I have trouble in low light too, even with a tripod, but a tripod sure helps. I like playing with the shutter speed and aperture settings, along with all the others.... My family is learning to hate it though, I have to take 20 pictures of everything! I'm turning into my Dad!<br />If anyone has a dummies guide to low light shots, let me know.

eeboater

Commander

Originally posted by SBN:<br /> Thanks Barlow, how about the Kodak CX7300? Any idea?
SBN: I've done some looking around for you. I don't believe it can be used as a webcam, but I may be wrong. None of the feature-lists say anything about which makes me believe it cannot. Mainly because if it COULD, they would be touting it everywhere.<br /><br />Sean

SpinnerBait_Nut

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

Thanks Sean, I went ahead and ordered one anywho.<br />Got it, a 256MB card, card reader, bag, tripod, batteries and charger and some cleaner stuff in one package.

eeboater

Commander

Very cool. I think you'll be happy with a digital camera. I purchased one about 3 years ago or so.. I just passed my 2700th picture with it. It is so much easier to snap TONS of pictures with it, and the ones you do not like, whack em. Plus, if you want you can buy a photo printer like I did, or, take your memory card or a cd with your pictures on them to Walgreens and they will develop them quite cheaply. <br /><br />Cripes, I can't even imagine how much 2700 pictures would cost me with a regular 35 mm.<br /><br />Sean