questions about my new mark twain! 1973 with a 65 hp johnson

blakespop

Recruit
I am new to this site. I joined because it looked like it will be a very helpful site to learn about my new boat. I just purchased a mark twain boat and I know nothing about them (or any boats for that matter.) I am trying to find out info about the boat and any reply will be appreciated. It is a 1973 mark twain. (I was told they call it a runabout) It is tri hull with a walk threw windshield. It has a 65hp johnson outboard. I bought it without hearing it run, It needs a battery and gas line, but i went on and bought it because I heard they are good boats. I need to know things to do before trying to start the motor and also things to check on the boat before taking my family on the water. (if it runs. LOL) Also what ratio do I mix the fuel? I will try to get some pics soon. Thanks for the help!

Sacballa101

Recruit
Re: questions about my new mark twain! 1973 with a 65 hp johnson

well im ew to this web page but not new boat owner. You need to check on the motor, if you need to change the oil you dont want to run your motor with no or old oil. Next i would check spark plugs and wires and see if they need to be replaced, and yes on some motors you need to add a mix to them unless you have a four stroke motor.