Questions about Dockside Chat

KimSeaFox

Recruit
I am new in this forum and this website in general. How does the Member Status work? I have looked on the site, but can seem to find an answer. I am a cadet (I figure since I just registered today) but how do I become a higher ranking? Is it based on posts, or how long you have been a member? Just wondering...

ehenry

Commander
Re: Questions about Dockside Chat

As your number of posts rises so will your rank. Thats about as good as I can explain it. JB can tell you....he's a moderator here and he should know.

SpinnerBait_Nut

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

What are user titles? <br /><br />Each registered member has a title that reflects his or her "rank" on this board. Administrators are given the title "Administrator". Moderators are given the title "Moderator". Some members are given special titles by the administration. All other users are given their titles based on the number of posts they have made: Posts Title <br />0 Cadet <br />30 Seaman Apprentice <br />50 Seaman <br />75 Petty Officer 3rd Class <br />100 Petty Officer 2nd Class <br />200 Petty Officer 1st Class <br />400 Chief Petty Officer <br />650 Senior Chief Petty Officer <br />800 Master Chief Petty Officer <br />900 Ensign <br />1000 Lieutenant Junior Grade <br />1250 Lieutenant <br />1500 Lieutenant Commander <br />2000 Commander <br />3000 Captain <br />4000 Rear Admiral <br />5000 Vice Admiral <br />6000 Admiral <br />7500 Fleet Admiral <br />10000 Supreme Boating Fool

ehenry

Commander

You forgot JB's title Ancient Mariner.

NYMINUTE

Captain

Whats a Dock Boy?? Is that achieved by Pooofs?

LadyFish

Admiral

Welcome aboard KimSeaFox, jump right in the water's fine!!!
hi.gif
<br /><br />Don't place too much importance on post count and titles, it really means nothing at the end of the day.

PW2

Commander

The titles are honorary and don't mean much in the grand scheme of things.<br /><br />They tend to measure quantity, and ignore quality. There are exceptions, of course, but as a rule the two traits seem to be inversely proportional.

62_Kiwi

Lieutenant Junior Grade

Hats off to PW2! I would never have thought it possible to post a controversial reply to this thread....but then PW2 is the grand master of controversy :D

Mod4

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Welcome aboard KimSeaFox. Really the only titles that matter are the moderator and admin ones. :p