question for the mods

deputydawg

Lieutenant Commander
I have a prop that was given to me a long time ago. It will not fit anything I own, and I have thrown it away several times only to rescue it seconds later just in case.<br />My question is, is it against the rules here to post it up and see if anyone wants it for free?<br />I am not in business, don't want to be. Not making anything off of it, just someone to give it a good home and pay the shipping to get it.

JB

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Re: question for the mods

I suggest that you put it on the Thrifties and ask anyone who wants it to pay for the ad and shipping, DD. http://www.iboats.com/boats/marine--1/thrifties--107 <br /><br />Otherwise, you can put it on ebay and get twice what it is worth.<br /><br />Hate to interfere with such a generous gesture, but allowing it would open a pandora's box.<br /><br />Good luck. :)

deputydawg

Lieutenant Commander

Not a problem JB, that's why I asked and I understand completely. Thanks a lot for the info. <br /><br />Hate to sell it, it was free to me and I can't use it. <br /><br />Will get it onto the thrifties and see what happens.

ndemge

Commander

From what I've learned on this board....<br /><br />As much as the gesture is great, there is a very strict no soliciting policy... period, free or not. No asking, no offering.<br /><br />If someone has a problem, and you notice that you have something that will help them, put a message asking them to email off the board, but don't say WHY,..that's for the email.<br /><br />a Private message feature would be GREAT, but we don't have it.<br /><br /><br />......or, you can use the "ask a question" loop hole.... Local radio station... KTRS Morning show in the afternoon... you can't call in to say hi to anyone.... But, you can call in, say "I'd like to say happy bday to my wife today, is that ok?" and they will give you the buzz and tell you no :)

deputydawg

Lieutenant Commander

I don't mind the rule here, it keeps the commercial side of the world out and the relaxed human side in.