Question for Ladyfish

malibu4u

Petty Officer 1st Class
Do you know if the cell phone thing (your thread Do Not Call Registry & cellphones) also applies to us up here in Canada? Is there any way we could check. What does National mean?

eeboater

Commander
Re: Question for Ladyfish

Hey Malibu.<br /><br />I think that the registry is a USA thing... Government enacted.<br /><br />Sean

LadyFish

Admiral

I believe its just here in the states. The telemarketing law is enforced by the FTC (Federal Trade Commission.) web page <br /><br />There must be something similar up there in Canada. I will have to research a bit more for you.

NYMINUTE

Captain

You have cell phones in Canada? Mmmmmmm Guess its been a while! :p

malibu4u

Petty Officer 1st Class

We only have cell phones in Canada NYMINUTE when it's not tooooooooo cold to run. :D <br /><br />I think it's only a USA thing like eeboater said but you never know. If the States are having that happen to their cell phones Canada won't be too far behind you.<br /><br />LF..don't go to too much trouble to research this as if will come into effect, I am sure I will hear about it but this could be one of the many things that are snuck in the back door and when it happens that's when you know about it.<br /><br />Tks for all your responces. Appreciated.

dolluper

Captain

No it's not in Canada :mad: I get them calling all the time on my cell guess I'm on the suc2er list :mad: :mad: