Question Engine Idle

TxRiverRat

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Ok, I finally have a question. <br /><br />I changed my oil back in January, and my spark plugs. The boat was hesitating before it decided to get up and go before I did this. <br /><br />I wouldn't say it's idling rough, but it's idling kinda like its on, then about to turn off. The RPMs will go at normal level, sink down then go back up. <br /><br />Any ideas?<br /><br />Thanks Guys

petryshyn

Commander
Re: Question Engine Idle

me tinks ule get betr respons in engins an motrs<br />me tinks it wood b gude to no watt motr 2 :D

TxRiverRat

Petty Officer 2nd Class

True... But since I know some of the people here, they always give good advice. <br /><br />I have an Indmar (ford 351) (not fuel injected). I set my plug gap at .035 like the manual said.

Pursuit2150

Chief Petty Officer

Me tinks Schematic had too martunies! Any way, check out the coil, and diaphram on the dist.

JB

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

Howdy, TRR.<br /><br />Do you think we visit here and not Engines and Motors?<br /><br />If we know anything about Engines and Motors, we go there; If we want to know anything about Engines and Motors we go there.<br /><br />Join us.<br /><br />Red sky at night. . .<br />JB :)

Pursuit2150

Chief Petty Officer

Comon JBC Give the guy a break, just try to ans. the ? We don't need site MGR'S here.

JB

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

Chuckle. :) Howdy, Pursuit.<br /><br />Why don't we have just one forum? :D <br /><br />I'm with Schematic (though I might be more sober).<br /><br />Lot's of guys would rather post on a low traffic Forum in the fantasy that they get more and quicker attention there. It is annoying to many who are here to help.<br /><br />I'm not saying that is why TRR posted here, but there must be a reason this Forum is named BOATING, not Engines and Motors.<br /><br />Red sky at night. . .<br />JB :)