Question about a new to me old Honda 10hp

fishmaycraft

Cadet
I just bought an old Honda 10hp, 4-stroke. I'm not sure of the year, but he said he thinks it is from the 1970s. Anyway, I had to buy the gas tank and lines seperate, however I can't seem to find a fitting that will fit on the gas inlet on the motor. I've tried several stores and none of them knew which one I needed (and none of the fittings were designated for Honda). Can anyone tell me a part number or a place I can get one? I plan on looking for the serial number on the motor tomorrow so I can get an exact year on the motor.<br />Thanks,<br />FMC

gss036

Commander
Re: Question about a new to me old Honda 10hp

I don't know about a part number, but the same fitting male fitting that fits my 1989 200 hp Mercury also fits my 1993-96 15 hp Honda.

fishmaycraft

Cadet

Thanks, I'll try and pick up a merc female end to see if it fits my Honda male end on the motor.<br /><br />FMC

fishmaycraft

Cadet

Nope, the Merc female end didn't fit. I'm still at square one.

cp

Petty Officer 1st Class

Out here the only place you can get a Honda fuel fitting is a Honda dealer. As you've found out, the fitting is unique to Hondas so seems like nobody else makes 'em. The good news is the fitting seems well made so should last, but the really bad news is that Honda only sells them in matched pairs (male/female) or in an assembly with hose and primer bulb, around $40 out here. Good luck.

fishmaycraft

Cadet

Thanks, I finally found a Honda dealer somewhat near me, I'll check it out. <br />FMC

gss036

Commander

Maybe you can find someplace that sells used or old parts and match it up. I was surprised when I found out my fitting were interchangable. <br />Check e-bay or do a google search. The only bad part there is the shipping.

zzzzz

Lieutenant Junior Grade

part number 17650-921-003zb and $27.88 will get you there :cool: