Question about a boat top!

Rip n Lips

Seaman Apprentice
I was given a used but still in perfect condition top for my boat. It fits perfectly width wise on the little slider deals, but the snaps on my windshield dont line up with the snaps on the top. I thought I might be able to move the ones on my windshield but they are not rivited or screwed in, must be glued?

Does anyone know how I could move the snaps on the windshield, or would it be eaiser to redo the snaps on the bimini?

Moody Blue

Captain
Re: Question about a boat top!

Why not just leave the existing snaps on the frame and install new ones to match the new top.

Rip n Lips

Seaman Apprentice

Why not just leave the existing snaps on the frame and install new ones to match the new top.

That's what I was asking, which would be easier. I guess if I leave the snaps on the frame and install new ones on the top to match I would just have a bunch of extra snaps on the top? Or is there a way to take the old ones off and just have little holes left from the old snaps?

Gary H NC

Fleet Admiral

Are you sure the snaps on the windshield do not slide.Most are mounted in a track and will move side to side.
The last 3 boats i have owned were like that anyway..I'm sure they are not glued on.

dodgeramsst2003

Petty Officer 2nd Class

I agree with gary, I've never seen snaps glued in place. They are probably on a track and slide, but have been in one place for so long that they are stuck. Try a light tap with a SMALL rubber hammer. (Sidenote, I take no responsibility for a broken windshield) Might also try a little PB buster on them and let them sit for a bit.

tashasdaddy

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

if you can move them, you have no other choice, either install new on the top or on the windshield.