Quantum boats any good?

JamesGY

Seaman Apprentice
I am planning to buy a 1997 Quantum 190XFS. Is there anything to look out for? <br /><br />I really like the boat, but I want to know more about the quality and reputation of Quantum.

NCOffSeason

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Re: Quantum boats any good?

I have a 1990 Quantum 16' Fish & Ski and it is still going strong. I am pleased with the layout and the construction. The layout of my boat is the same for the 190XFS except for the size (and I'm sure the 190 has some extras). I think you'll be pleased. What motor does it have?

JamesGY

Seaman Apprentice

It has a Mercury 120 Force.<br />What engine does yours have?<br /><br />Also, Bayliner says they make Quantum. From the reputation I hear about Bayliner, I'm getting a little iffy with the boat I want to buy.

JamesGY

Seaman Apprentice

Nevermind. I see it in your signature line. So how does it perform when you go skiing?

NCOffSeason

Petty Officer 2nd Class

I haven't heard the part about Bayliner making Quantums, but I have heard that it's the same company that makes Maxum (don't quote me on that one).<br /><br />I have used mine for tubing and kneedboarding and it does fine to be only 50 hp. It does not have the power to pull a skier, which is OK since we don't ski. That 120 should do fine.