PWC TRAILER TIRES IN SAND

red man

Cadet
my tires are 560/12 with a 4" bolt pattern, I am wonder where I could find a 4" bolt pattern rim to put a flotation type tire on to use in the sand???? :confused:

Bob_VT

Moderator & Unofficial iBoats Historian
Staff member
Re: PWC TRAILER TIRES IN SAND

www.Northerntool.com has ATV high floatation tires and rims however I would question the load capacity before I used them. I would not use them on the road.<br /><br /><br />Bob

red man

Cadet

thanks I just want to pull it down to the beach

martinwinte

Petty Officer 3rd Class

Good luck... Been there done that couldn't find them... What we did was buy a dolly. Before that we made one (using 4 wheeler tires and axel then made a plan and it worked (and still does) well.

Ranger354

Petty Officer 1st Class

Was going to suggest pop-up camper tires. They are usually twice the width of regular small trailer tires and can be driven down the highway.

JB

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

Hi. Guys. The 20.5X8X10 tires for "C" load trailers float on sand just wonderfully. They usually have 5 bolt patterns, but hubs don't cost that much.<br /><br />Good luck.<br />Red sky at night. . .<br />JB :)

SS MAYFLOAT

Admiral

I have a small utility trailer I made for hauling fire wood out of the woods. I had small narrow tires and had the same problem of them sinking and causing me to get stuck many times. I found that golf cart wheels have a 4 inch bolt pattern with a rim diameter of 8 inches. You can purchase highway tires for these rims. So far I haven't had any problems. I pull this through the woods as well as the highway. However, keep in mind, if your going 60 mph, those little wheels are probably turning about 80mph or more! Any small tire diameter will have failures at higher speeds.