Puzzler

Emby

Seaman Apprentice
A man was on one side of a river with a bag of corn, a duck, and a fox. He needed to get to the other side of the river, but he could only carry 1 item at a time with him when crossing. He couldn't leave the corn and the duck alone because the duck would eat the corn. He couldn't leave the duck and the fox alone because the fox would eat the duck. How did he get all 3 across the river?

ebbtide176

Commander
Re: Puzzler

i don't remember this riddle. so now let me make a stupid guess: since you got them all 3 together already, they must be in cages.... so carry the fox, then the corn, then the duck?

ebbtide176

Commander

or stick the corn in your pocket, eat roast duck, and then carry the fox...<br /><br />wait! stuff the roast duck with corn and throw the fox in the river?<br /><br />alright, you can carry 1 item. you're a boater! you stick them all in the johnboat and carry them across?
think.gif

Bear

Lieutenant Commander

1 you and the duck<br />2 you and the fox bring the duck back<br />3 you and the corn<br />4 you and the duck<br /><br />Now you know...<br /> :D :D :D

Quiller

Cadet

bear, you're real close.... First the man took the duck across, then he came back and took the fox over. He left the fox on the far side of the river and returned with the duck. He then left the duck on the near side and took the corn over. Then he returned and took the duck across. No 2 were with a him at any one time, so no one or nothing was eaten.

derwood

Chief Petty Officer

OK....heres an easy one:<br /><br />What animal first walks on 4 legs.<br /><br />Then on 2.<br /><br />then on 3?<br /><br />Derwood.

Emby

Seaman Apprentice

Man! On 4 legs (2 knees + 2 hands) as a baby, on 2 legs as an adult, and on 3 legs (2 legs + 1 cane) as an elder.

Emby

Seaman Apprentice

I have no idea. If that was a rhetorical question, please post the name.

derwood

Chief Petty Officer

No....I was asking.<br /><br />Hey JB....I may be way, way off base here but is'nt it the riddle of the spinx?<br /><br />You ought to know this with all those degrees.<br /><br />Puzzledwood.