Putting the lower unit back on - (?).

zoltar

Seaman Apprentice
Hey gang:<br /><br />This winter I took the lower unit off to have it pressure tested. I had to push the throttle up into the "forward" position to get it off. I left it in the forward position when i put it back on. Now - will I need to adjust anything to make it go, or am I all set?<br /><br />Thanks for your help in advance - <br /><br />ZM

zoltar

Seaman Apprentice
Re: Putting the lower unit back on - (?).

Bumpity Bump...

ob

Admiral

Should be all set.What engine are we talking about?

roscoe

Supreme Mariner

What motor and hp?<br /><br />How does your shift shaft connect? If it is threaded, like on my 70hp Force, it will need adjusting.

Joe Reeves

Supreme Mariner

Zoltar..... At the top of the topic page, you will see the following:<br /><br />"Attention All Engines and Motors Posters: Please post as much info about your engine as possible when you post questions, i.e. manufacturer, make, model & serial number, horsepower, year, etc. Our forum members/experts need this info to help you."<br /><br />We're unable to help if you do not advise us of exactly what you're speaking of.

zoltar

Seaman Apprentice

1991 Force 50 HP<br /><br />The shaft has "splines" on it that go up and down. The splines line up and slip into the housing in the upper unit (if that makes sense).<br /><br />ZM