Putting Life into Perspective

LadyFish

Admiral
You need to physically do this in order to grasp it.<br /><br />According to most the average life span is 72 <br />years old.<br /><br />I want you to take a tape rule, open it all the <br />way to 72". Then scroll down the rule and find <br />your age. Now look at the distance between where <br />you are now and 72". This is the rest of your <br />life.<br /><br />If you have things you'd still like to do in life, <br />or things you may need to set straight, or any <br />other unfinished business you might have....<br /><br />..this is the amount of time you have left to do it in.<br /><br /><br />......if you're lucky. <br /><br />Funny way to measure life but it certainly made<br />an impact on me.<br /><br />So tonight when you're working in your shops, take<br />out your rusty ole tape rule and do this little<br />exercise, its quite a trip through time.

Elmer Fudge

Lieutenant Commander
Re: Putting Life into Perspective

Shucks!! :eek: now i'm depressed :( i'd prefer to be offended :p

dolluper

Captain

Stop don't move another inch<br />it could be all over and I <br />have to go to the can it's<br />all over :eek: :D

LadyFish

Admiral

dolluper, sounds to me like you're running a little short on inches.

spratt

Lieutenant

Originally posted by LadyFish:<br /> dolluper, sounds to me like you're running short on inches.
Said without thinking, I am sure :D ;)

Elmer Fudge

Lieutenant Commander

Originally posted by LadyFish:<br /> dolluper, sounds to me like you're running a little short on inches.
maybe it can be blamed on the canadian weather<br /> :p :D

dolluper

Captain

Short a few cookies maybe just ask Ken Brown :D

neumanns

Lieutenant Commander

Don't forget to use a graduated tape meauser, one where the inches get smaller as ya go!