Put my boat up for sale today

maharg

Petty Officer 1st Class
So I just picked the boat up from the shop on Friday (its been there over 5 weeks), used it on Saturday and put it up on craigslist today. We found out my wife was pregnant with our 2nd while the boat was in the shop. We figured that we wont be using the boat much next season due to the new baby and the fact our 16.5 ft boat is a bouncy ride. So if we get rid of it for a decent amount we will be getting a brand new larger boat this time next year.

lncoop

Vice Admiral
Re: Put my boat up for sale today

Nice work. The four of you will be back out there in style before you know it.:cool:

Fireman431

Rear Admiral

Congratulations on the baby. That's the only reason to sell a boat. Not the baby, but to buy a bigger boat! :D:D

Thad

Lieutenant Junior Grade

Congratulations on the baby. That's the only reason to sell a boat. Not the baby, but to buy a bigger boat! :D:D

Yep, congrats on the future arrival:D

Agreed, buy a bigger boat so the little tyke has room. And then in another 8 or 9 years, you'll buy another new BIGGER boat for all their friends.:rolleyes:

Gromulin

Petty Officer 1st Class

Congrats! I did the exact same thing 7 years ago, when our 2nd was due...just now getting the replacement boat. Time flies.

If I were going to run another Craigslist ad I would:

Create an email address SOLELY for craiglist replies...too many scammers and weirdo's. The CL email anonomizes (sp?) your email, but when / if you reply then your REAL email address is sent back to the inquiring party.

Or..if you want to give out a phone number to call..I'd go to Wally-world and get one of those pre-paid cell phones and use that, again, SOLELY for CL. They cost about $40...well worth it to not have freaks calling your home or regular cell number at all hours, and having your real contact numbers out there forever.

Just my .02. Good luck and congrats on the growing family.

Jeep Man

Commander

Congratulations to you and your family. I see a pontoon boat in your future. Room enough for a playpen, and a smooth ride as well.:):cool:

maharg

Petty Officer 1st Class

Congratulations to you and your family. I see a pontoon boat in your future. Room enough for a playpen, and a smooth ride as well.:):cool:

I had thought of that, but its not really what we are looking for. We will look at toon's but we will probably move to a 20ish ft bowrider

BuckyBadger

Seaman Apprentice

Congratulations on the baby. Not only bouncy but that 16.5' is about to become a lot more cramped.:D

We just listed our pontoon on CL and it feels kind of weird having it up for sale. Our girls are getting a little bigger and we're looking for something with a little more oomph for the towables.

We planned on keeping it 3-5 years and this is our 3rd year. If it doesn't sell this fall we will probably keep it one more year. It would be nice to not have to store it ($$$) this winter though.

Good luck on selling your rig.

mnewb1

Petty Officer 3rd Class

congratulations!

a new boat will be in your future.