Pursuit boats

gcboat

Lieutenant Commander
Now that we have a little space of our very own I wonder if anyone will show up? Hmmmmmmmmmmm.

EastEnder

Cadet
Re: Pursuit boats

Nice! I just found this. My boat is in my sig....call it a Tiara or a Pursuit, Tiara doesnt want anything to do with it anymore (i called).....so now its "offically" a pursuit...yes I know they started as same/similar companies...

What do you have?

gcboat

Lieutenant Commander

Hey EastEnder !

Bought a 1988 2450 with a 275 2 smoker. Good, tuff fishing platform. Not a speed demon by any stretch of the imagination ( 34 mph on GPS ) but it works for me !!! Guy had ignored it for over two years. Left in the water with no cover, NEVER cleaned !! Ugh - it was a mess. So after a lot of elbow grease and cold beverages I'll be darn if it doesn't look good. Sitting in the front yard now awaiting a fresh coat of anti fouling. I think the worst part was cleaning out the cuddy. Mice poop, cockroach's,fiddler crabs - dead and alive and well, all sorts of "stuff" in there. All clean.
Have a lot of relatives in the Greenport and Orient Point neck of your woods, that is if you're on the north shore.
Haven't been there for almost 20 years - I'm sure it has changed a bunch.:D

EastEnder

Cadet

Nice, good stuff! What kind of motor is your 275? Is it a newer Merc?

I got mine earlier this season. The guy who I bought it from wanted to go fast and come back from offshore on one motor if he had too. So he ditched the original 140 omcs for the 225s I have now. The boat also had a rotten out gas tank that he replaced. The boat became too much for him to trailor and launch by himself and he needed the money, so i got a good deal. My boat was filthy as well when i got it but damn, that Tiara/Pursuit quality gelcoat still stands up!

Strangly there are two other boats like mine in the area, one is actually in Greenport. I'm in Sag Harbor myself. You do see a lot of vintage S2 boats around by us which is pretty neat. The damn things hold up so well! And yea, in the past 20 years a lot has changed. More so on the south fork....theres been a giant bulding boom, with God awful amounts of traffic. The North Fork is now like what the south fork was twenty years ago.

gcboat

Lieutenant Commander

Jusr re-read my original post to you and I have a 225 not a 275. Guess either my typing skills suck or it was wishful thinking on my behalf. Anyway it's a Suzuki ( don't go there ) and so far it's been a pretty good powerplant.
The original owner had it installed in 1999 and I bought it with 11 hours running time. So I guess she's still 'new'. Showing 72 hours on it now. The only problem I'm having with it is the temperature sender is getting strange. When I first take off the alarm will sound and the engine will slow down - self preservation - . Let it sit for 10 seconds or so and we're good for the rest of the day. The Suzuki dealer told me not to worry, just keep an eye on the gauge and the telltale and all should be good to go. A new unit is only $12.00 or so but guess I'm just too lazy to install it. Besides it looks like a royal pain to do. Enough rambling - . :D