Purchasing a Boat

rml

Seaman
Greetings all.<br /><br />I want to thank all the folks on board this forum for the wealth of information regarding what to look for in purchasing a boat, particularly a used boat. The underlying premise and recommendation for having the boat surveyed (with a sea trial) is by far the best single piece of advice that can be given. I spent 6 hours today lurking with the certified marine surveyor that looked over a 1989 Reinell 239 RXL that I was considering, and now have purchased. This experience reaffirmed that the amount of money spent on the survey is negligible when considering the ramifications of what one might find without one. One other thing I learned is that only a person that has a wealth of experience in dealing with watercraft can truly know what to look for, and how to detect where future issues may arise.<br /><br />Thanks again for the information and now that I have added the Reinell to my small fleet, I look forward to tapping into this great resource in depth.<br /><br />Best Regards,<br /><br />Mark Libby<br />iboats user: rml

Hooty

Rear Admiral
Re: Purchasing a Boat

Congratz Mark,<br />Americans love a bargain.<br /><br />g'luck & c/6<br /><br />Hooty