Purchased a 1991 Sunbird Corsair 185

Kcu320

Recruit
I am new to the forum and this is my first post. I have scoured Iboats for info on winterizing and manuals and this site is awesome. I purchased the boat with title for boat and trailer for $600 in Northern Virginia. It runs, as the ad said, but needed to have the shift cable black dohicky thing replaced. Trying to find the part and number. With that said, I hooked up the muffs and hit the key and (drum roll)....nothing. Bummer. So I crawled underneath and checked wiring and nothing stood out as the problem. I'm not functional with a multimeter, so a visual was all I gave it. I cleaned up the leads to the battery, charged the battery and decided to jump the solinoid. It started. That the good news. The bad news is I basically ran out of time to get this rig fixed and winterized. I am having back surgery next week. Why did you buy the boat then? It was a good deal, but now I probably will get taken to the cleaners to have it fixed at the boat shop. Here's to hopin' I wasn't a complete idiot. Thanks Iboat for the great resources.

Attachments

• Sunbird 1.jpg
    Sunbird 1.jpg
    63 KB · Views: 2
  • Sunbird 2.jpg
    Sunbird 2.jpg
    960 bytes · Views: 2
  • Sunbird 3.jpg
    Sunbird 3.jpg
    1,014 bytes · Views: 3