Punta Gorda Info!

BiXLL

Petty Officer 1st Class
I can not get a hold of my parents, or Charlotte County Sheriffs Dept. If any can get any info about specificly Windmill Village, (mobile home park) I would really appreciate you e-mailing me asap! I am wondering if I should take off and get down there!<br /><br />bandb16@comcast.net

BiXLL

Petty Officer 1st Class
Re: Punta Gorda Info!

Just got done talking with them! The park they are in was basicly destroyed, but their place is one of the few that sustained only minor damage! Their front room windows were all blown in with debris from other places inside, and the roof tore away in 2 small places. All in all, they were very lucky, and I am not needed to go down!<br /><br />Thanks for all the well wishes, and efforts made for me, I truly appreciate it!

Kenneth Brown

Captain

Me too. I was thinking about 12 footer last communications with us as his power was going out just a few minutes ago and decided to check up on folks here. Once again glad to hear your folks are ok.

BiXLL

Petty Officer 1st Class

I have some pictures my dad took before coming up here of what is left of his trailer park. If any would like to see them, shoot me an e-mail, I have made them into an online album, but can only e-mail them, not post.

BiXLL

Petty Officer 1st Class

I can not get a hold of my parents, or Charlotte County Sheriffs Dept. If any can get any info about specificly Windmill Village, (mobile home park) I would really appreciate you e-mailing me asap! I am wondering if I should take off and get down there!
Ahhh, Windmill Village!

D

DJ

My parents finally got to get in to see their winter home today in PG.<br /><br />It's a lot worse than was expected, from early reports. At thier age, 80 and 78, it's difficult for them.<br /><br />The Lanai (closed in porch) is GONE. Luckily, nothing of real value was in there. The siding and fascia are pretty beat up. Unbelievably, the roof seems to be OK. <br /><br />The neighborhood is an absolute disaster. The neighborhood center is a shambles/gone and most of the homes on the west (front) end are just gone, or a pile of rubble.<br /><br />The most important thing is that no one was hurt.<br /><br />My prayers for our iboats freinds and all, in that area.<br /><br />I made a donation to the Red Cross today. I urge all of you to consider doing something along the same lines. They are doing yeomans work in that area and many are hurting and in desperate need of any help they can get. The news media has moved on to political BS while so many need our help. Helping, is what we Americans are made of. Let's ante up!<br /><br />Here's the link for the Red Cross.<br /><br /> http://www.redcross.org/donate/donate.html

Bassy

Lieutenant Commander

Thanks DJ. I was glad to make a donation. <br />Bassy

D

DJ

Thanks Bassy. It will bring good things to many.

D

DJ

Another report.<br /><br />The town is in shambles. There are food/water lines everywhere. Porta Potti's everywhere. I am truly worried about our iboats friends there.<br /><br />Those folks are hurting.<br /><br />I'm happy to say that private enterprise is alive and well. As a side note, a Michigan resturanteur sent 21,000 New York Strip steaks to the area with one simple note: We're here for you! <br /><br />USA, I'm glad I live here!!!!<br /><br />Brings a tear to the eyes.