Pulling tubes from my ski eye.

Jimwhall

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Okay, how strong are tow eyes? My old Sylvan I used the two transom tie down loops on the back of the boat. I got in there and saw that they were heavily backed and the transom itself was pretty heavily attached, so I never worried.

I now have a 2016 Four Winns H190, and I see the tow eye in there. Is it up to pulling a tube with 3 on it?

The tube is a Rave Mambo, flat with three stations. The tubers are 8th grade boys. One 135lbs, one 120 lbs, and one 100lbs. I just worry if they submarine the tube. I never had a problem with the Sylvan, but I've never used a tow eye before.

alldodge

Staff member
Don't know what the 3 stands for, but the tow eye should have a backing plate behind it. Most all are built pretty good, just look at it

Scott06

Vice Admiral
Okay, how strong are tow eyes? My old Sylvan I used the two transom tie down loops on the back of the boat. I got in there and saw that they were heavily backed and the transom itself was pretty heavily attached, so I never worried.

I now have a 2016 Four Winns H190, and I see the tow eye in there. Is it up to pulling a tube with 3 on it?

The tube is a Rave Mambo, flat with three stations. The tubers are 8th grade boys. One 135lbs, one 120 lbs, and one 100lbs. I just worry if they submarine the tube. I never had a problem with the Sylvan, but I've never used a tow eye before.
Thats what I've used on multiple boats with 4 kids at a time kids trying to submarine the tube etc no issues no cracks ... no problem