PT-130 tilt&trim

sheaston

Seaman Apprentice
i have a 50 hp outboard on my 17ft bass boat <br />my question is <br />how har is this to install?<br />and how will this help the performance of my boat?<br />i know the main thin will be not to have to pull the outboard up by hand(which will be nice

jleus

Petty Officer 3rd Class
Re: PT-130 tilt&trim

I have a PT-35 and it was the best performance money I ever spent. Installation is not difficult. Deciding on the motor height you want to end up with can be a question. The side that mounts to my boat is even with the top of the transom. It did raise the motor in relation to where it would sit if directly on the transom. My electricals left something to desire. Both relays went bad in fairly short order. They are not the best of parts. I also replaced the inline fuse holder for a better one. OMC 5 blade connector relays are the ones you want. Pay the extra money for the OMC part...they are "potted" or sealed better.

D

DJ

Re: PT-130 tilt&trim

The installation does require you to fully dismount the engine. After that, it's easy. Just seal the old motor mount holes when you install the CMC unit.<br /><br />You may, in some instances, have to buy a new (longer) steering cable, if you have one, for the extra length. That is the most difficult part, not expensive, just time consuming.