PS2 car racing game

BassCat73

Petty Officer 1st Class
I'm looking for a good racing game for PS2. I'm not sure what's out, but I don't want to buy a brand spankin' new $40 to $50 game. Something that's a year or two old. I can pick those up for pretty cheap on Ebay. The only game I've played so far has been Gran Turismo 3. Anyone have a recommendation? Um, Pony? :)

joblo33

Chief Petty Officer
Re: PS2 car racing game

Need For Speed Underground or Underground II are good, as long as you don't mind taking a perfectly good car and ricing it out :p . I got past that by telling myself that it's only a game. :D <br />Eric

Pony

Rear Admiral

I agree the Need For Speed series is good.....Burnout 3 isnt bad either.....ATV Offroad Fury series is decent. Any of the Gran Turismo are great, as you said you have played GT3.<br /><br />BassCat I am sure you have a Gamestop or EBgames by you over in Madison. When I am looking for games I usually go in there and shop the "Used" section. I find it cheaper than Ebay and you don;t have to mess around with shipping and carp like that. Seriously, if you wanted to you could get the entire Madden Football series from start to finish for like $25. Around here they have lots of titles around and under $5 or $10. Plus you can sign up for this thing where you get 10% off of used items............you CANT lose.

BassCat73

Petty Officer 1st Class

Thanks guys. I will probably get Gran Turismo 4 since I like that series. I'd also like to get another one where things actually get busted up, like the car I'm driving or other things in the game. ?

Pony

Rear Admiral

"Description: DON’T FIGHT TRAFFIC… DESTROY IT! Grab the wheel and hold on as you takedown the competition with the most spectacular smashes this side of Hollywood. Use your car as a weapon and battle to the front of the pack. Live dangerously and indulge your thirst for twisted metal with a dedicated crash mode that rewards you for creating massive pile-ups. With over 100 events spanning 40 tracks, addictive multiplayer gameplay, and the most dramatic crashes ever seen in a videogame, Burnout 3: Takedown is a breakneck, adrenaline-fuelled, awe-inspiring racing experience. Aggressive racing required, seatbelts not included.
Like this??? or more realistic

Pony

Rear Admiral

In GT4, don;t pick the Buick Gran National.....much slower than it should be. That game is great. By far the best in the series......by a LANDSLIDE!!

brother chris

Commander

Burnout 3 Without a doubt....a great game...trust me on this. <br />B.C.

phatmanmike

Captain

Originally posted by .Pony.:<br /> In GT4, don;t pick the Buick Gran National.....much slower than it should be. That game is great. By far the best in the series......by a LANDSLIDE!!
i have gt$ and it kicks assssssssss

BassCat73

Petty Officer 1st Class

Cool, got my plan now. Sounds like GT4 and Burnout3 will be the perfect combination. Thanks guys.

Ron G

Commander

I know its old but i like test drive,you can win cars and do yuor own paint jobs.

fseries

Seaman Apprentice

i bought a triple pack from wal mart for 10.00 its has the corvette , ford , and truck racing i thought it was pretty neat