ProPulse adjustable pitch composite prop??

fowl intent

Seaman Apprentice
I was wandering thru West Marine this afternoon, and saw a new prop by ProPulse, made in Sweden. The prop is made of composite material, supposedly 40% stronger than aluminum. It has four blades which can be adjusted for pitch in 1 inch increments between 15" -21" by simply loosening 4 bolts. Plus it offers the flexibility of being able to replace individual blades if one is damaged. I have been having some prop problems (see earlier posts), and thought this might be a good way to determine the proper pitch for my boat. Anybody had any exerience with these props, or any other composite props for that matter?

ob1jeeper

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Re: ProPulse adjustable pitch composite prop??

fowl...<br /><br />Just went onto their website... VERY intriguing, and as props go, fairly priced... I might just have to try one out, as I too have been struggling getting my boat propped correctly for the variety of conditons I operate in...<br /><br />Thanks for turning me on to this bit of info...<br /><br />Obiwan...

fowl intent

Seaman Apprentice

ob1,<br /><br />How about letting me know what you find out. In the mean time, anyone else heard of these props? How they perform? Thanks all.

BrianW

Seaman Apprentice

Any update on these props?

Drydocked

Cadet

Check PowerboatReports.com They did a comparison of the various composite props a while ago. As I recall, the Piranha props came out first, then the ComProp. The ProPulse was farther down on the list.<br /><br />I have been running the Piranha and ComProps. I get slightly better hole shot and speed with the 4-blade ComProp over the Piranha (blades are thinner and have a sharper edge), but the Piranha has replacable/interchangeable (but not adjustable) blades. I am running a 90 HP outboard on a 17.5 ft. skiff.

Mercury140-I6

Petty Officer 1st Class

I was running a ComProp 4 blade for the 2nd year, I launched the boat, started the motor, put it in reverse and all 4 blades broke off at an idle. I have a 1979 140 inline 6 Merc. There wasn't anything in the water and I didn't hit bottom or the dock. I have no idea what happened.<br /><br />Thought I would let you know about my experiance with them.<br /><br />Craig