props

evinruder13

Seaman Apprentice
i am new to this boating thing,and did'nt relize how freakin expensive it is,? is how do i know when to change the prop?

bktheking

Vice Admiral
Re: props

You didn't know what boat stands for???? Break out another thousand!!!! LOL

Generally you don't need to "change" a prop unless it's badly damaged and even then prop repair shops can repair them. Some pitches give you different results, some more top end, some less top end, some are 3 blade some are 4, some are weedless props. It all depends on what you are looking for. And they aren't cheap to buy so unless you have a reason to change it like wrong pitch or badly damaged don't bother.

evinruder13

Seaman Apprentice

yeah i read that sign when i had to buy new impeller.but some of us have to learn the hard way.thanks for the info on the prop.

bktheking

Vice Admiral

Impellers are cheap, it's a water pump for $35, changed my neighbours pump on his Dodge Ram, $230, I'd say the boat one leaves room for a good beer supply!

evinruder13

Seaman Apprentice

i agree,its the labor that kills you with the boat.thats why i registered on iboats,heard real good things about this site

steelespike

Supreme Mariner

Welcome if you read the stickies at the top of the page and the helps at the iboats prop store it will help you understand prop selection better.The right prop could change your boats personality.The wrong prop ruin it.Your probably close or you would be looking for an improvement.