props for old johnson 15 horse's

i have a 76 johnson 15 sea horse and the prop i bought it with had a blow out in the rubber between the shaft and inner tube so it made it off center. my father had a 74 evinrude 15 horse engine with a 75 johnson 9.9 whole bottom end that i grew up with and still have and its a parts engine for this one since its ceised and with hours well into the 1,000's. hes had 2 diffrent props, a two fin 10 by 13 and a 9 1/2 by 10 three fin. unfortunatly the two fin prop got left at my old house when my mother and father divorced which leads to why the engine is ceised and i cant find anther two fin prop. does anyone know where one could found or any other three fin speed props. and does anyone know what the pitch for my orignal 76 johnson, im just curois since there a pretty big diffrence between 9 1/2 by 10. I also want to know if my johnson has a cooling thermostat.

rickdb1boat

Supreme Mariner
Re: props for old johnson 15 horse's

Yes, it has a T-stat. Right on the back of the cylinder head. As for the prop, the original prop was a 9-1/2 X 10" 3 blade. I don't see any listing for the 2-blade right now. iboats has some that will fit your motor, as will most any prop shop. Not a real big selection, though. You may also want to consider having the one you've have now(If you still have it) reworked by a prop shop...<br /><br /> web page

tashasdaddy

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Re: props for old johnson 15 horse's

check out ebay. ebay motors boat parts props.