Prophecy?

eeboater

Commander
I know this is pretty much a load of malarky. But have you guys heard about this guy named Malachy? I guess he predicted there would be 112 additional popes from the time he made the prediction. Well, the current pope is 111 and therefore when the next pope passes on, its supposedly Judgement Day..<br /><br />Weird...<br /><br /><br /> http://churches-of-god.7p.org.uk/pope_malachy.html <br /><br /><br />Sean

notinbig

Petty Officer 1st Class
Re: Prophecy?

Did you notice it was from the UK. NO WONDER<br /><br />HE HE no offence Trog100<br /><br /> :p :p :) :)

Tinkerer

Senior Chief Petty Officer

Originally posted by notinbig:<br /> Did you notice it was from the UK. NO WONDER<br /><br />HE HE no offence Trog100<br /><br /> :p :p :) :)
There's been a noticeable shortage of English popes since Henry VIII set up his own brand.<br /><br />Maybe it's a trademark issue.

JamesCoste

Chief Petty Officer

In Matthew 24:36, Jesus tells us about the day of judgement:<br /><br />"No one knows about that day or hour, not even the angels in heaven, nor the Son, but only the Father."<br /><br />I believe the guy only if he is the "Father" of all Creation. :rolleyes: <br /><br />Edit of post:<br /><br />I just read verses 37-44 and had to share them:<br /><br />37 As it was in the days of Noah, so it will be at the coming of the Son of Man. <br />38 For in the days before the flood, people were eating and drinking, marrying and giving in marriage, up to the day Noah entered the ark; <br />39 and they knew nothing about what would happen until the flood came and took them all away. That is how it will be at the coming of the Son of Man. <br />40 Two men will be in the field; one will be taken and the other left. <br />41 Two women will be grinding with a hand mill; one will be taken and the other left. <br />42 "Therefore keep watch, because you do not know on what day your Lord will come. <br />43 But understand this: If the owner of the house had known at what time of night the thief was coming, he would have kept watch and would not have let his house be broken into. <br />44 So you also must be ready, because the Son of Man will come at an hour when you do not expect him. <br /><br />Don't get left behind folks - it won't be pretty.

eeboater

Commander

Wow.. james, that stuff is amazing. I'm not saying I believe that prophecy crap from that Malachy guy, just thought it was weird!<br /><br />Sean

Bob_VT

Moderator & Unofficial iBoats Historian
Staff member

Well this one is a no brainer.....<br /><br />Internet ramblings versus the the written word...<br /><br />I side with the book... unless we have reached the point where all internet rambling is truth!<br /><br />Bob

NYMINUTE

Captain

Was he the same moron that predicted the chaos in Y2K? I'm shakin'

JamesCoste

Chief Petty Officer

Originally posted by NYMINUTE:<br /> Was he the same moron that predicted the chaos in Y2K? I'm shakin'
I made lots of money fixing Y2K bugs. Lots of planes and trains didn't crash due to my programming skills. ;)