propeller size

Soup05001

Cadet
i have a 87 Bayliner Capri 18' w/Force 125hp and was out on the lake this afternoon and the propeller came off does anyone of the size or part number i need to order or a place i can order one from new or used . We use it to fish and occasionally tube with.

Thanks

NYBo

Admiral
Re: propeller size

Welcome to iboats!:cool:

The boat should have come with a 13 x 17 (diameter x pitch) prop. If you look for props just for Force motors in the prop finder apps on most sites, you will get a very small number to choose from, especially if you choose 1987 for the motor year. The lower units on these are single exhaust. However, I'm almost positive you can also use props for dual exhaust (exhaust snout plus through-hub) lower units. There are also props from other motors that will work; your best bet would be to post this over in the Force outboard section where the Jedis (masters of the Force:p) can fill you in. Maybe a moderator will move this thread for you.

Soup05001

Cadet

Do you know if a MERCURY/QUICKSILVER 13.25X17 PROP PART #48-32264-17 will work ?

Thanks

BobList

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Mine is a 13x17 on a 125, on a cajun fish n ski 16.7 foot, if that helps.

(Now I know it's not funny, but I snickered when I read your post, if only to imagine your facial expression, and what new words the kids learned when you raised that motor up!
And here I thought an occasion stalling out at idle was inconvenient..... hope it was easy to get it back to the dock.)

Bob

Soup05001

Cadet

Thanks to both of you for your help and it was a very busy day on the lake so we had no problem getting someone to pull us in.
I am still only able to find a very short list of props (total of 3 ) that will work. I have found allot of duel exhaust ones but have not been able to confirm that they will work.

Thanks Mike