propeller question force 75 hp

zebbmann

Cadet
hello again. i had my boat out this past week and decided to let my son drive. well he hit a rock and tore up th prop. was looking for some thoughts on a replacement. currently i have a 10 3/8 with a 13 pitch. with 3 people runs about 30 mph on a 16 foot aluminum deep v. did some tubing with it also and it did well. all in all very pleased. i have done a few searches and i see mostly 14 pitch. anyone know if that will perform better or differently? thanks

roscoe

Supreme Mariner
Re: propeller question force 75 hp

differently

better ?

worse ?

but differently.

Frank Acampora

Supreme Mariner

Usually on a light tin boat you would use a higher pitched prop than on the same length heavier fiberglass hull. Without knowing the current RPM it is a difficult call. However, the difference between 13 and 14 pitch should not be so much that it will kill performance. If you can find a used inexpensive one to test, all I can say is: Try the 14 pitch.

roscoe

Supreme Mariner

COULD result in more speed, if it doesn't put too much load on the engine and drop the rpm's out of the recommended range.

jerryjerry05

Supreme Mariner

Higher pitch could mean more speed but it will also mean higher gas usage.
Like Frank said.Need rpm at wot to insure correct prop.J

zebbmann

Cadet

4900 rpms. top rpm for this motor is 5250.. i will probably go with the same prop but i just wanted some thoughts. does drag a bit when pulling a tube. a little slow out of the hole but planes quickly..