prop slipping

talley14

Recruit
i have a 08 25hp yamaha 2 stroke on a 1542 war eagle while out scouting for ducks yesterday i was running through a real winding river wot when i would go through sharp "s" curves and slow a little than straighten out my prop would "slip". my question is how do i fix this my cavitation plates sits 1" below bottom of boat, should i raise or lower this. or would a mini jack plate fix this(get the motor in cleaner water) if jack plate fixes this, would the mini jacker not raise my motor to high out of the water. thanks for the responses, i hope this is in the right place if not i appologize.

Barnacle_Bill

Admiral
Re: prop slipping

Try raising it 1 inch. The anti cavitation plate should be as close to even with the bottom of the boat as possible.

sigma

Seaman
Re: prop slipping

Either trim down a tad for the turns to keep it from slipping or you are going to need to drop the motor one hole.

Sounds like your running a tin rig with no pad so raising the motor will only make it worse. A jack plate would be wasted money on your application.

Most of the time a boat is set up for best performance at wot so if your only problem is a described just trim it down a tad for sharp turns or slow down a little.