Prop replacement question

tteal

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Hi everyone.<br /><br />Specs: 1985 Bayliner 19' Capri w/125 Force outboard currently running 13x19 prop.<br /><br />Problem is that the current prop is pretty banged up and I'm going to replace it with a new prop that I just bought (13x17).<br /><br />Any suggestions, advice on how to replace? Is it as easy as pulling the bolt on the end and putting the new one on the shaft or ????<br /><br />Sorry if this has been asked before.<br /><br />Thank you,<br /> Tim

The Marine Doctor

Commander
Re: Prop replacement question

Yes...its that easy.<br /><br />Maybe apply some grease to the shaft once the prop is off.<br /><br />TMD

tteal

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Once again TMD, thank you! By the way, I sent you yet another email on the parts that I'd like to get.

Fouled Plug

Ensign

Tteal, I assume you have a tach and the 17" prop won't have any adverse effects on your RPM's at WOT. Did you have any problems that made you want to drop 2" of pitch?

tteal

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Fouled Plug,<br /> Yes I have a new Teleflex tach and can only get to approx 27/28 mph per the GPS with the tach at 3800k rpm (which by the way is the max rpm I can get right now). I switched props mainly because the 19 prop was pretty beaten up. I'm tryin just to maximize what I have is all.