prop repair shop

schrammwi

Recruit
My brother and I are working on either buying or starting a new repair shop in the great lakes region. He has been working in a shop for 10yrs and we are confident in his abilities but would like to know if anyone would be interested in helping with some advice tips or stories to help us better prepare. The shop he is currently at is a bit behind the times and doesnt have any technologically advanced equipment. We are considering dynamic balancing and an mri machine but dont know how beneficial they really arethe shop hes in has been around forever without having those tools. But we dont want to survive. We want to thrive and be successful. Any info or advice is greatly appreciated in advance. Also we are looking for a shop or 2 that may be interested in allowing us to tour the shop and observe the process. We may be able to provide some compensation for such an experience .

SkiDad

Lieutenant Commander
I think the MRI machine is invaluable. I would definitely get one of those.

Sea Rider

Supreme Mariner
Other tools : pressure gauge for cylinder, gearcase pressure & vacuum testers, analog and digital multi meters, digital vacuum testers for carbs, among others..

Happy Boating