Prop question - 94 Johnson 90 horse

rick3b

Cadet
I just bought a 1994 Johnson 90 horsepower motor. I own a 1966 Lonestar V-shaped aluminum that is 18 feet long. I will primarily fish in the bay where it is deep enough for my boat. I am guessing 3 feet min. depth. I will do most of my traveling through the deeper channels. Can someone recommend me a specific prop for my boat. The seller of the motor was telling me about the pitch also, but I am a rookie in this feild and did not really understand. I have seen the great advice you have given other posters, and I just want a sense of direction. Thanks.

OBJ

Supreme Mariner
Re: Prop question - 94 Johnson 90 horse

Hi Rick....can ya' give us some idea of how the boat handles now? Does it come outta' tha' hole OK and what are your WOT rpms?

rick3b

Cadet
Re: Prop question - 94 Johnson 90 horse

I am currently setting up the 90 horsepower motor so I do not know the wot rpms yet. The boat is rated at max. 100 horses. I was using an old Johnson 60 horses and it moved the boat just fine. I am thinking with this newer 90 motor, it should have plenty of extra power and really get me moving. The 90 needs a prop so since I am going to buy a new one, I would like to know the best available for me.