Prop hight

Jmusick

Petty Officer 3rd Class
Where should my prop line up to the boat? I want to make sure my prop placement is as efficient as possible

Scott Danforth

Grumpy Vintage Moderator still playing with boats
Staff member
Where should my prop line up to the boat? I want to make sure my prop placement is as efficient as possible
anti-cav plate even with bottom of the keel unless you have a stepped hull

Texasmark

Supreme Mariner
Its an evinrude 125 on an 18 ft tri hull
In 1972 I bought a new Johnson 125 on an 18 ft. FG Caravelle open bow, tri-hull with a good amount of dead rise all the way to the transom with relatively heavy construction for a really nice comfortable ride. The engine sat on the transom (PTT wasn't available for engines till the following year so engine stayed in one tilt position) and I had great water toy thrust and 40 mph top end...when alone....prop was either a 17 or 19P OMC SST..forget which. Boating usually was with wife and 4 kids and outing supplies. I slalomed alone and had no problem with 2 kids on skis simultaneously.

Jmusick

Petty Officer 3rd Class
In 1972 I bought a new Johnson 125 on an 18 ft. FG Caravelle open bow, tri-hull with a good amount of dead rise all the way to the transom with relatively heavy construction for a really nice comfortable ride. The engine sat on the transom (PTT wasn't available for engines till the following year so engine stayed in one tilt position) and I had great water toy thrust and 40 mph top end...when alone....prop was either a 17 or 19P OMC SST..forget which. Boating usually was with wife and 4 kids and outing supplies. I slalomed alone and had no problem with 2 kids on skis simultaneously.
That should be a good comparison. Gives me a good idea of what to expect thanks