Prop cross reference

ScottieinNC

Seaman
Hi,<br /> Looking for a prop for a 2003 4.3 LX Alpha one outdrive. Hope this isn't a silly question but will other props from like OMC or Volvo cross over to Mercury?<br />I currently have this: 48 78120 A40L 19P (14" X 19") I want to stay with same dia. and pitch but have found a few props for a really good deal. I'm looking for two props, one for main, and one for spare after trashing my prop last Saturday.<br />
brokeprop4.jpg
<br />OMC #383160 and VOLVO SX DRIVE #161003<br />Any help appreciated,<br />Scott

youmansjason

Seaman
Re: Prop cross reference

Ouch!! That is a nasty looking prop. <br /><br />When you cross brands like that, you have to make sure the number of splines on the shaft are the same. <br /><br />I have a Volvo-Penta and it has 19 splines. I'm not sure what Mercruiser uses, but you can just count them on the prop you have now.<br /><br />Jason

bayman

Senior Chief Petty Officer

Hmmm....yes, it's trashed! I'll agree with you!<br /><br />iboats has done a lot of the work for you. Just input your info here and they will give you a list of props which will fit your boat:<br /> http://www.iboats.com/mall/propfinder/

ScottieinNC

Seaman

Thanks Bayman, just wondering if these other props might work. Mine has 15 splines so I'm ruling out Volvo according to youmanjason.<br /><br />Trashed that prop in 15 feet of water on a stump or loose log or something. Thank goodness for the VHF radio and a friendly 25' Wellcraft for pulling us back to the ramp!

Moody Blue

Captain

Damaged ? Naw, its just a little ding. Get out the JB weld and a file and can of tremclad and you'll be good as new. Give the blade a little twist before the epoxy sets and you end up with a compound pitch prop. :D :D

walleyehed

Admiral

Volvo SX and OMC SX are the only 19 spline props in there class..Std Volvo usually has a different hub design all together, but and OMC 15 spline will work with the right washers, fore and aft.