Promising sign's of Spring's return

neumanns

Lieutenant Commander
Most of the snow is gone, Yesturday I summerized the snowblower and started the lawn tractor. The leaves I raked over the septic last fall need removing soon, and the boat is headed for spring maintinance in about an hour. The ice should be off in 2-3 weeks and the robins are now around.<br /> :) <br /> Good lord willing and if the creeks don't rise it should get here soon. ;)

18rabbit

Captain
Re: Promising sign's of Spring's return

I saw the first signs of spring yesterday...Easter egg cookies for sale at Starbucks. :D

ndemge

Commander

Lots of rain in st. louis.... grass turning VERY green, once the rain stops we won't be able to keep up with the mowing. <br /><br />Being that St. Louis only has 2 seasons, with a one week intermission called spring and fall, it will probably be humid and 95 next week.

JB

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

Mowed a couple of acres yesterday.<br /><br />Tom turkey displaying in the west pasture.<br /><br />Hummers are at war over the feeder on the front porch.<br /><br />Paintbrush are starting to bloom.<br /><br />Bluebirds in all three houses.<br /><br />What a glorious season Spring is in Texas!! :D

Throbbin Rods

Petty Officer 1st Class

Found all the doggie land mines on the lawn. Partridge (ruffed grouse) drumming out back. Open water showing on the lakes here and there. I have both boats ready to go - Yup! It's spring!

Drowned Rat

Captain

Spring started in January here and Summer just kicked in about 2 weeks ago. 98 Degrees.

lund17

Petty Officer 1st Class

Admiral Neumanns -congrats- ;) <br /><br />I never thought of it as "summerizing" the snow stuff. Got a big kick outta that. The daffs are pushing up in my yard and the crawlers are all over the driveway after the last rain. My snowblower fits on the front of my lawn tractor so I just switch from one to a mower deck. Change the oil and filter and it's a new season! Can't wait for the hummer's and the stripers to arrive.

Bassy

Lieutenant Commander

My beautiful daffodils and golden poppies :) Spring is here.<br />Bassy

Bart Sr.

Lieutenant Commander

Hey neumanns...<br /><br />The ponds here in Wright County are open.I expect the hometown lake to be open in about a week.<br /><br />It is still hard to wait!!!!!!!!!!!

rolmops

Vice Admiral

I don't know where you guys live,but you make me green with envy!<br />We are expecting snow for the weekend. And we have only had 126 inches so far this year.(Chinewalker probably 200)<br />So rub it in, mention some more flowers,talk about shorts and T-shirts.<br />Chinewalker, Mellowyellow and me will hide behind our stoves, or shovel out our driveways and sulk.

LadyFish

Admiral

Did I mention my tomatoes in the garden are 2' high already. We should be able to pick them by May 1st. :p

Greg New Zealand

Petty Officer 3rd Class

Enjoy that spring feeling. Over here on the other side of the world, we are into autumn (fall) with temps. dropping. Consolation is that we await the arrival of the big spawning rainbows. I'm going to look for some this weekend.

Carphunter

Commander

The turkeys are struttin and gobblin back in my woods,..........they let me know every year when spring has arrived. :)

gaugeguy

Captain

First day of landlocked salmon season yesterday :cool:

gaugeguy

Captain

Nope, landlocked salmon. They are a hybrid of an atlantic salmon that were introduced to the cold water lakes in the northeast. They cannot return to the ocean after spawning, thus landlocked. Avg. fish is 3 pounds with fish over 5lb common. My largest is a 9 lber caugt on lake Champlain.

Throbbin Rods

Petty Officer 1st Class

Gaugeguy<br /><br /> <br />Did you get out at al;l? Any luck? We drove down and launched the old duck boat at Ctr Harbor. Had one bait cleaned off, got cold and wet, but I was Bygod fishing on the opening day. One guy caught one off the dock at Ctr Harbor. I stopped at the diner to warm up and talked to a guy who said they saw 3 caught off the Long Island Bridge. Ice is real rotten - we threw the anchor up on it and it went right through. I'm going back dfown on Tuesday I think<br />bill

Throbbin Rods

Petty Officer 1st Class

Geese flying over every day. Bear got the bird feeder last night. Partridge drumming out back. Got the boats ready. Cleaned upo the doggy land mines.