Promise to Rebuild Trent Lott's Beach House

jtexas

Fleet Admiral
go here & click the "listen" button <br /><br />"Out of the rubles of Trent Lott's house, he lost his entire house, there's going to be a fantastic house and I'm looking forward to sitting on the porch."<br />--President Bush, Sept 2<br /><br />I just hope Mr. Lott doesn't suffer too much, having to live at one of his other houses during the rebuilding.

JB

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Re: Promise to Rebuild Trent Lott's Beach House

Cheap, cheap, cheap shot, JT.

jtexas

Fleet Admiral

okay, sorry 'bout the cheap shot. <br /><br />Hasn't the Pres been warned about speaking extemporaneously when reporters with recorders are around?

Ralph 123

Captain

He said he'd rebuild the entire region and tried to personalize it with Trent standing there. I watched it live.<br /><br />The kind of hatred you harbor for one man can't be healthy...

POINTER94

Vice Admiral

Your right,<br /><br />Cheap shot but it is the presidents own fault you said it...... Good gravey.

oddjob

Commander

I didnt realize until a few years ago...that I took a picture ( 20 years ago) of Trent Lott in a Gulfport, Miss Maudegra parade. I didnt know who he was then and I dont even know why I took the pic. He was riding in a car that fasioned a rebel flag. I was a supporter of him and during the scandle of his recent remarks that were taken out of context. But now I wish GW would distance himself from Trent so not to give the haters anymore ammo.

jtexas

Fleet Admiral

Originally posted by Ralph:<br /> <br /><br />The kind of hatred you harbor for one man can't be healthy...
Now hear this, America: according to Ralphy, anyone who dares to criticize a sitting President harbors an unhealthy hatred for the man. You can no longer express unfavorable opinions of any elected official that you do not hate.<br /><br />Clarify for me, Ralph, is that any president, or is it just Republican presidents?<br /><br />What is it Ralph, you afraid Mr. Bush won't love you anymore if you don't approve of his every word and action?<br /><br />America didn't get to be great by being afraid to express unfavorable opinions about her elected officials.

Ralph 123

Captain

okay, sorry 'bout the cheap shot.
If admitting to taking "cheap shots" at a time like this doesn't come from a deep seeded hatred but is instead valid criticism, then accept my sincerest apology.

jtexas

Fleet Admiral

Nothing sincere about that, Ralphy.<br /><br />[self-edit - redundancy eliminated]<br />[self-edit - particularly rude comment deleted]

Ralph 123

Captain

It was sincere JT. Enjoy the day.

D

DJ

I thought you were off to sell water to those in need?<br /><br />Your credibility just took a torpedo in the boiler. :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

ErikDC

Petty Officer 1st Class

Holy moly, did I hear that right?<br /><br />"I mean, is your hostility politically motivated, or do you have some kind of fetish for Bush?"<br /><br />Are there any psychotherapists here? Jtexas, your phone may be ringing soon.